Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Tiny washers for Shure Ulx antennas

(1/2) > >>

Michael Mills:
Apparently the rack mount of this unit was rushed, and the antenna washers were misplaced or lost. Now the front mounted antennas are, well,... for lack of a better word, all floppy cocked.
Where can these washers be acquired or does anyone know which size o rings are appropriate.

Henry Cohen:

--- Quote from: Michael Mills on March 19, 2023, 09:25:09 AM ---Apparently the rack mount of this unit was rushed, and the antenna washers were misplaced or lost. Now the front mounted antennas are, well,... for lack of a better word, all floppy cocked.
Where can these washers be acquired or does anyone know which size o rings are appropriate.
--- End quote ---

7/16" ID rubber O-ring. May need two per connector depending on length of connector body.

Michael Mills:

--- Quote from: Henry Cohen on March 19, 2023, 01:08:31 PM ---7/16" ID rubber O-ring. May need two per connector depending on length of connector body.

--- End quote ---
7/16 seems a bit large to go inside a bnc connector

Michael Mills:

--- Quote from: Michael Mills on March 19, 2023, 09:25:09 AM ---Apparently the rack mount of this unit was rushed, and the antenna washers were misplaced or lost. Now the front mounted antennas are, well,... for lack of a better word, all floppy cocked.

--- End quote ---
Let me clarify.
BNC bulkhead connector on front of rackmounts.
Antennas will not stay upright.
Bulhead connector is not the issue, from my research I see very small rubber o rings that go inside bnc on bulkhead connector.
Inquiring as to what size this o ring is and its thickness and.where can I acquire the shure o rings as the ones I have found are too thin and compress too much, or too thick and difficult to compress.

Tim McCulloch:
What did Shure say when you called them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version