Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Settings dsp Line Array

(1/7) > >>

Nick Tims:
Hello, I bought a dsp t.racks dsp 206 and I need settings for a compact line array system, 4 elements 2x8" LF+HF 2x1" with 2 subwoofers of 18 inches, horn of 1000w. to Top The loudspeakers are Faital 8 of 260w Frequency Range 85÷6000 Hz
HF driver: 1.5KHz-18KHz
and subwoofer
B&C 18TBX100
35 - 1500 Hz

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Nick Tims on March 14, 2023, 05:22:26 PM ---Hello, I bought a dsp t.racks dsp 206 and I need settings for a compact line array system, 4 elements 2x8" LF+HF 2x1" with 2 subwoofers of 18 inches, horn of 1000w. to Top The loudspeakers are Faital 8 of 260w Frequency Range 85÷6000 Hz
HF driver: 1.5KHz-18KHz
and subwoofer
B&C 18TBX100
35 - 1500 Hz

--- End quote ---

The manufacturer of the loudspeaker array should specify the needed processing. 

Mike Caldwell:
Yea the general specs of the speaker components don't really tell us what the DSP settings for the actual box needs to be.

At the very most some general crossover frequencies could be suggested so at least the drivers may not blow up.

A big question would be are the top boxes passive, bi-amped or powered.
A brand and model number would help.

Nick Tims:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on March 14, 2023, 07:20:01 PM ---Yea the general specs of the speaker components don't really tell us what the DSP settings for the actual box needs to be.

At the very most some general crossover frequencies could be suggested so at least the drivers may not blow up.

A big question would be are the top boxes passive, bi-amped or powered.
A brand and model number would help.

--- End quote ---

Pasive full Lab gruppen amplifiers
I'm made by someone that's why I need settings according to the specifications of the drivers that I gave.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Nick Tims on March 14, 2023, 07:24:40 PM ---Pasive full Lab gruppen amplifiers
I'm made by someone that's why I need settings according to the specifications of the drivers that I gave.

--- End quote ---

The polite word for this rig is "proprietary."  I submit it is up to the designer to specify the processing needed to deliver a specified result.

There is more to processing a line array than simple pass band crossovers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version