ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird wireless??  (Read 1024 times)

scottstephens

weird wireless??
« on: March 07, 2023, 11:47:07 AM »

Hey Guys.

I met with a small church yesterday that wants some wireless mics.  And they asked if there was such a thing as a gooseneck/podium wireless.   Is there?  Something like an Shure MX 418 or and an Audio Tehnica 857 kind of thing.  I have never seen one.

Thanks

Scott

Daniel Levi

Re: weird wireless??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 12:02:12 PM »

Hey Guys.

I met with a small church yesterday that wants some wireless mics.  And they asked if there was such a thing as a gooseneck/podium wireless.   Is there?  Something like an Shure MX 418 or and an Audio Tehnica 857 kind of thing.  I have never seen one.

Thanks

Scott
Yes, Sennheiser have one https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/microphones-systems-presentation-conference as does AT https://www.audio-technica.com/en-gb/microphones/wireless-systems/accessories/transmitters/atw-t1007 and so does Shure https://www.shure.com/en-GB/products/wireless-systems/ulx-d_digital_wireless and probably others.
You could always just hook a bodypack to a standard lectern mic.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 05:40:09 PM »

Yes, they exist, but the options are somewhat limited compared to countless other lectern mics on the market.  If you have a specific mic you want to use, going the bodypack route is typically the easiest solution to make any mic wireless.

Of course, one also should consider NOT going wireless in these situations, as wired is inherently better and unless cable routing is impossible, also much cheaper.
Brian Jojade

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 08:32:30 AM »

I've built up a few wireless podiums, the wireless body pack works fine. Keep in mind most body packs do not supply the phantom power needed for the gooseneck mic, you will need to use a battery powered phantom power power supply.

The Sennheiser 500 G4 plug on transmitter does directly provide phantom power as well as the older 300 G3 plug on transmitter.

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 11:37:56 AM »

We us the Shure ULXD podium mic but if its a small church, they may not have the budget for that. Sennheiser plug on would probably work well.
Mipro used to have some solutions too.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 11:37:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.