ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha DM3?  (Read 23842 times)

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Re: Yamaha DM3?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2023, 10:56:54 AM »

Where did the photo come from?

Not sure.  Ask OP?

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2023, 12:08:28 PM »

Where did the photo come from?

I found it on Facebook. I went to the group to link it and it is gone now. I even searched Facebook and only found what I put on there. I'll keep looking.

Douglas R. Allen

Thomas Le

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2023, 10:27:16 AM »

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2023, 11:20:15 PM »

I haven't looked at the Yamaha line for a long time but is the Yamaha DM3 common?

Douglas R. Allen

Whispers in the wind saying things like "wait until NAMM" and "TouchMix 16 killer"
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Thomas Le

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2023, 09:10:58 AM »

Whispers in the wind saying things like "wait until NAMM" and "TouchMix 16 killer"

If so, this could replace the TF1 (potentially the TF series seeing there are layer buttons on the side). Long shot, but if they tout "96kHz" and don't do anything weird/paywall to their FX engines then maybe this could take on the SQ series also?

Rob Stevens

• Rob Stevens
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2023, 03:16:55 PM »

I dont know if I would be targeting the Touchmix, does not seem to be very popular I have never seen one in the wild....

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2023, 04:14:41 PM »

I dont know if I would be targeting the Touchmix, does not seem to be very popular I have never seen one in the wild....

There is a very real use case for a Touchmix level mixer in the small AV market and the Touchmix has gotten traction there mostly because there are no other real "Name" alternatives. It'll be interesting to see if this hits that market segment as Yamaha is still the first choice for AV/Corporate from the smallest rooms to the biggest rooms.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2023, 06:06:03 PM »

There is a very real use case for a Touchmix level mixer in the small AV market and the Touchmix has gotten traction there mostly because there are no other real "Name" alternatives. It'll be interesting to see if this hits that market segment as Yamaha is still the first choice for AV/Corporate from the smallest rooms to the biggest rooms.

I agree with this. Touchmix fills a niche for a small footprint mixer that needs to have a control surface but can also be remote controlled with a tablet. Touchmix is OK enough for many applications.

Products without built in controls are deal breakers for most of my applications. For a number of reasons they are a PITA. There's not really a whole lot in this segment. If the Touchmix had recallable preamps it would be much better... Which I'm sure Yamaha could do economically.

Thomas Le

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2023, 08:48:01 PM »

Only reason the TM didn't take off was the aformentioned nonrecallable HA, but also the slow touchscreen and the proprietary PSU. Also there were early reports of the capacitors installed the wrong way apparently on some units.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 09:41:25 PM »

The TouchMix 16 feature set is great for a ton of applications in corporate AV and weddings where the routing and complex FX engine of a QL aren't needed.

The Touchmix UI, control surface, manual headamps, and top mounted I/O are horrid, leading to the lack of popularity.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 09:41:25 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.