Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

on-off-on "light switch"

<< < (5/6) > >>

Bob Faulkner:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on February 26, 2023, 04:12:22 PM ---That's the switch style he outta be using.

--- End quote ---
It is a nice switch. 
So, I procured a DPDT toggle and will work on getting it wired using the DPDT image (thank you Steve).  I do have a SPDT switch, which I may try as a backup.

Thanks

Steve-White:
Bob, a well lighted work area for loading is a very good idea sir.  You are most welcome.

Stephen Swaffer:
Only a couple switches (both momentary only) on that cut sheet are rated for DC voltages-and the only for 3 amps.  There is a difference in design and while they will likely work for DC even if not rated, their lifespan will likely be shorter.

As an aside, a standard "3 way" light switch is SPDT and so could easily switch between two sources-but without the center off.

Chris Hindle:
How about a rotary switch? 2 pole. 3 or more positions. Switch only the positive. Use 3 pole and switch the negative too.
Center position off. right for "shore" power, Left for on-board power. Tie the lights positive to both left and right terminals. Do the same to Pole 3 for Negative if you feel the urge.
Chris.

Patrick Tracy:
If you're going to use a double terminal switch, look for "break before make" instead of "make before break." That will do essentially the same thing as an on-off-on, but without stopping at the off position.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version