Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

on-off-on "light switch"

(1/6) > >>

Bob Faulkner:
Has anyone seen a on-off-on toggle light switch?  There seems to be plenty of on-off-on switches (small switches), but I have not been able to find one that looks like a regular light switch... something that can be installed in a standard (USA standard) light-switch box.

I'm trying to find a way to quickly switch between two different power sources (12V) for some 12V LED lighting.

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Bob Faulkner on February 23, 2023, 06:32:33 PM ---Has anyone seen a on-off-on toggle light switch?  There seems to be plenty of on-off-on switches (small switches), but I have not been able to find one that looks like a regular light switch... something that can be installed in a standard (USA standard) light-switch box.

I'm trying to find a way to quickly switch between two different power sources (12V) for some 12V LED lighting.

--- End quote ---
2 standard switches side by each, 1 mounted backwards, with a joining bar?  Doesn't get you an off position, but I built it for the projection booth in high school to swap projectors. Far better than wrapping an AC cord around my foot to kill one when i started the second...
Chris.

Steve Crump:

--- Quote from: Bob Faulkner on February 23, 2023, 06:32:33 PM ---Has anyone seen a on-off-on toggle light switch?  There seems to be plenty of on-off-on switches (small switches), but I have not been able to find one that looks like a regular light switch... something that can be installed in a standard (USA standard) light-switch box.

--- End quote ---

LINKY

Scott Hofmann:
There is also the Leviton 1281 which is SPDT maintained contact.

Bob Faulkner:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on February 23, 2023, 08:51:45 PM ---2 standard switches side by each, 1 mounted backwards, with a joining bar?  Doesn't get you an off position, but I built it for the projection booth in high school to swap projectors. Far better than wrapping an AC cord around my foot to kill one when i started the second...
Chris.

--- End quote ---
Right, no off position!  I thought about using 2 switches but couldn't work out "off"

--- Quote from: Steve Crump on February 23, 2023, 09:00:53 PM ---LINKY

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Scott Hofmann on February 23, 2023, 11:49:40 PM ---There is also the Leviton 1281 which is SPDT maintained contact.

--- End quote ---
Many thanks guys!!

I knew there had to be something available!  In all of my searches I was looking for "on-off-on", which apparently was restricting the results. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version