Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

The S16 can not get connection with X32, AES50 ports is failing? two of them?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Jeff Lelko:

--- Quote from: Dakai Sun on February 22, 2023, 12:22:58 PM ---If I buy a surface mount soldering tools.
Still donot know how to do it

--- End quote ---

A proper soldering rework station isn't cheap nor something I'd buy on a whim.  You'll also probably want an o-scope to go with it so that you can actually diagnose the problem that you're trying to fix.  This is one of those cases where you're best off by sending the faulty equipment in for service.

Dakai Sun:
Thank you for your discussions, we brainstormed,
There is also the power supply problem in my rack, I use FURMAN M-8X2,
I keep all devices in the rack turned on. Only use FURMAN's main power switch to switch all equipment power. I don't know if it's right to do this, or should I open FURMAN first, and then open other devices?
Is everyone doing this?
What kind of power supply do you use to install in the RACK?

Maybe need swicthe to Furman PL-8 C ?

Maximum Output Current: 15 amps
Line Cord: Captive 3/14 AWG, 10 ft. black cord with NEMA 15 plug
Pull-out Lights: Two multi-LED, dimmable lamps
BNC Socket w/Switch: Rear rack lamp, 12VAC 500MA maxx (lamp not included)
Operating Voltage: 90 to 139 VAC
Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps
Response Time: 1 nanosecond
Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 Amps
Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500 kHz
Dimensions: 19” W x 10.5” D x 1.75” H
Weight: 12 lbs.
Power Consumption: 12 watts

OR FURMAN P-1800 AR
The 15 Amp P-1800 AR delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities such as sags, brownouts, or overvoltages - all of which can cause sensitive electronic equipment to malfunction or sustain damage. The P-1800 AR accepts input voltages over a wide AC voltage range and transforms it to a constant output of 120V, ±5V. Voltages beyond that range may also be converted to usable levels, depending on the range variance.

Additionally, the P-1800 AR is a full-featured power conditioner that filters and purifies AC power, reducing line noise and ensuring optimum performance. Not only will your equipment perform better with Furman’s Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), but it will also be fully protected by our exclusive Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP), and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS). This circuitry provides the highest level of power protection available.

Robert Lunceford:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on February 16, 2023, 11:39:37 AM ---The general consensus from people who know more about these things than I do is that Behringer cut corners on the AES50 port circuit design.  Combine this with a physical connection that gets used for a lot of different and incompatible things and you’ve got a recipe for broken stuff.

--- End quote ---
Does this hold true for the Midas products as well?
Is the the AES50 on Midas equally sketchy?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Robert Lunceford on May 06, 2023, 05:48:57 PM ---Does this hold true for the Midas products as well?

--- End quote ---

It's the same circuit.

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Robert Lunceford on May 06, 2023, 05:48:57 PM ---Does this hold true for the Midas products as well?

--- End quote ---

IIRC it depends on what you mean by "Midas": if you mean "M32" then it's basically the same as the X32, but if you mean "Midas Pro" then life gets a lot easier, cabling-wise.

-Russ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version