ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL CBT  (Read 2092 times)

Thomas Le

JBL CBT
« on: February 11, 2023, 10:38:30 PM »

So long story short, Catholic church I volunteer at has a dual PA system. 70v JBL distributed for spoken word, and now a pair of Yamaha S115V's on stands for music. System philosophy is that the music mix should not be fed into the 70v system, its a long story.

Church layout is basically a big square room, of course its acoustically treated. Choir music is on the left side and main altar is center front, so I'm trying to look for speakers that aren't in the pickup pattern of the choir if that makes sense for feedback reasons.

Obviously we are looking to upgrade the S115V's to a more permanent solution. Originally I was thinking JBL AWC129 in the ceiling facing the congregation. Then I thought about the CBT200LA1 but kinda put it to the side because I don't think it can produce full music bandwidth. I looked further to the CBT1000 since it has the shading capability. I played with these speakers into the CBT calculator but eh that's as far as I got.

Basically I'm asking what's everyone's experience with the CBT series, namely the CBT1000? Does it perform for it's hefty price? Does the CBT200LA1 really perform music material well?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: JBL CBT
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 11:50:33 PM »

So long story short, Catholic church I volunteer at has a dual PA system. 70v JBL distributed for spoken word, and now a pair of Yamaha S115V's on stands for music. System philosophy is that the music mix should not be fed into the 70v system, its a long story.

Church layout is basically a big square room, of course its acoustically treated. Choir music is on the left side and main altar is center front, so I'm trying to look for speakers that aren't in the pickup pattern of the choir if that makes sense for feedback reasons.

Obviously we are looking to upgrade the S115V's to a more permanent solution. Originally I was thinking JBL AWC129 in the ceiling facing the congregation. Then I thought about the CBT200LA1 but kinda put it to the side because I don't think it can produce full music bandwidth. I looked further to the CBT1000 since it has the shading capability. I played with these speakers into the CBT calculator but eh that's as far as I got.

Basically I'm asking what's everyone's experience with the CBT series, namely the CBT1000? Does it perform for it's hefty price? Does the CBT200LA1 really perform music material well?

The CBT's do what they are meant to do, if that is right for you we don't have enough data.  Room size, including ceiling is a must.  What type of music are you trying to reinforce? 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: JBL CBT
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 11:50:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.