ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL PRX518 with Driverack PA2  (Read 1431 times)

Greg Bart

JBL PRX518 with Driverack PA2
« on: February 05, 2023, 04:51:41 PM »

Hi, I've got a pair of PRX518 with K12.2 tops using a Driverack PA2 in a club that holds about 150 people. Is there any tricks to really get the low end to to be more robust using the PA2 on my 518's? Thanks

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: JBL PRX518 with Driverack PA2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 08:12:01 PM »

How are you setting up the system now in the way of signal chain?

Thomas Le

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 09:02:07 PM »

What do you mean by "robust"? Plus given the sub has built in HPF, you probably don't need the driverack?

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 12:04:03 AM »

Yea you could should take the subs cross over outputs to the QSC inputs and call it good, maybe set the QSC's to full range since the sub will be providing the high pass crossover output.

Is this a DJ or live band system?

Maybe use the PA2 as a full range system EQ and limiter.
I'm going to say you'll need to dial the QSC's back some to match what the subs can do.
Those are only a 1000 watt (peak) sub, a little EQ bump around 50hz may make it feel more (robust) 
Careful with the EQ and watch the peak lights.

John Schalk

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 10:28:31 AM »

Hi, I've got a pair of PRX518 with K12.2 tops using a Driverack PA2 in a club that holds about 150 people. Is there any tricks to really get the low end to to be more robust using the PA2 on my 518's? Thanks
The specs for the PRX518 list a -3dB point of 52Hz with a 500 watt continuous power amp module in a very small enclosure.  I don't think that "robust" low end is really an option with this compact sub.  I suspect that your K12.2 tops can out run these compact subs, so your system may not be well balanced.  The sub's spec sheet indicates a 110Hz crossover which I assume means the low pass filter for the the link outputs.  That's a bit high so you could try setting the crossover point in your PA2 to something like 80Hz so that your K12.2s are covering some of the low frequency energy too.  Keep in mind that, if you use the eq to boost say 40Hz, that is really outside the range of your subs so they will just hit their limits sooner.  Depending on the type of music your are reinforcing, and the levels you want to obtain for 150 people, you may need more or different subs.

Mal Brown

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 12:06:51 PM »

PRX subs in general are gutless...  a couple of Eminence 3015LF, in proper boxes and 500 watts ro each will blow them away.   If 'proper boxes' seems hassle prone or intimidating...  Speakerhardware.com sells flat packs for that driver.  The box if a fEarful 15 Sub.  Leland has a construction how to hosted there as well.   

I've had one of these for small stuff for years - or for use as drum monitor in a 2 way rig.  For large stage, outdoor band gigs I have a fEarful 15/6 as my bass cab.  The construxtion is easy amd the boxes do what they should.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 12:07:03 AM »

If possible, place the subs next to each other or stack one on the other. The coupling will boost the output. If you can put them against a wall or in a corner near the dance floor that will also improve the output.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 12:07:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 25 queries.