ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Rack / Midas M32  (Read 1788 times)

Al Rettich

X32 Rack / Midas M32
« on: June 12, 2023, 10:39:38 AM »

I've sent out a system that I've not done before, but trusted the band when they say they've done it numerous time.

Behringer X32 Rack does the band's in ears. It hooks to a Midas DL32.
Midas M32 console out front.

Behringer X32 is about three years old, the DL32 is less than six months old same with the M32.

Channels 3 & 4, as well as 31 all make noise with NOTHING plugged into the DL32. We took each channel and moved it to input 32 and same noise. New mic, new cable same issue. The ONLY thing I haven't tried is taking Ch. 32 on the X32, and use input 32 on the DL32. The M32 because they're sharing gain follows everything the X32 is doing.

Anyone ever notice this before?

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: X32 Rack / Midas M32
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 10:10:49 PM »

{...} Channels 3 & 4, as well as 31 all make noise with NOTHING plugged into the DL32. We took each channel and moved it to input 32 and same noise. New mic, new cable same issue. The ONLY thing I haven't tried is taking Ch. 32 on the X32, and use input 32 on the DL32. The M32 because they're sharing gain follows everything the X32 is doing. {...}

I found your description a little confusing, but am I correct in understanding that you have channels on one of your consoles exhibiting noise regardless of which pre-amp is patched to those channels? If so, can you share the console show file with us?

-Russ

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 04:53:11 PM »

Yeah, a little confusing as to what's happening.  First things first, let's break the problem down.

Is everything plugged into the DL32?  If so, let's eliminate one of the mixers to test.  I'm guessing that you're passing AES 50 from the DL32 into the X32 and then out to FOH for the M32.  If so, we can eliminate the M32 from troubleshooting.

So a mic plugged into input 1 on the DL32 and patched to input 1 on the X32 works as expected.  Plugging into input 3 on the DL32 is noisy.

If you soft patch input 3 to another input on the X32, do you still get noise?  If yes, then my guess is the pre-amps on the DL32 are noisy.  If no, try soft patching input 1 to input 3 on the X32. If now you get noise, then you likely have something patched to that input that's creating noise, such as an effect, or something on those lines.  Since you're in a digital realm, channels don't just go noisy for no reason.

If you can post your show files, that makes it much easier to peek at your config to see if anything appears out of line.
Brian Jojade

Al Rettich

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 03:48:15 PM »

Yes you are correct. Furthermore, if you route the inputs away from the DL32, Ch. 1 - 8 all make that noise. If you take it back to the DL32, it's only two channels out of the eight. Where would I send the show file to?

I found your description a little confusing, but am I correct in understanding that you have channels on one of your consoles exhibiting noise regardless of which pre-amp is patched to those channels? If so, can you share the console show file with us?

-Russ

Al Rettich

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 03:52:41 PM »

This past weekend I tried a couple of things.

1. I took and routed ALL inputs 1-16 to the X32 Rack and channels 1-8 had noise. Soft patched them noise followed.
2. After this, I took the M32 to the DL32 straight and had 32 clean operating channels.
3. Connected the X32 rack directly to the DL32, channels 3, 4, 29, & 32 all had noise to them. Soft patch, and the noise follows.
Yeah, a little confusing as to what's happening.  First things first, let's break the problem down.

Is everything plugged into the DL32?  If so, let's eliminate one of the mixers to test.  I'm guessing that you're passing AES 50 from the DL32 into the X32 and then out to FOH for the M32.  If so, we can eliminate the M32 from troubleshooting.

So a mic plugged into input 1 on the DL32 and patched to input 1 on the X32 works as expected.  Plugging into input 3 on the DL32 is noisy.

If you soft patch input 3 to another input on the X32, do you still get noise?  If yes, then my guess is the pre-amps on the DL32 are noisy.  If no, try soft patching input 1 to input 3 on the X32. If now you get noise, then you likely have something patched to that input that's creating noise, such as an effect, or something on those lines.  Since you're in a digital realm, channels don't just go noisy for no reason.

If you can post your show files, that makes it much easier to peek at your config to see if anything appears out of line.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 03:59:49 PM »

{...} Where would I send the show file to?

If you change the file name extension to ".txt" you can upload show files here on the forum as an attachment.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 03:59:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.