ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: digital "watches"  (Read 3671 times)

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: digital "watches"
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2023, 08:48:41 AM »

Seiko 5!

I killed one mountain-biking, though.

I was going to say Seiko 5 as well. My band broke and it took a fall on to the concrete, dislocating the winding weight from the assembly, hopefully it's repairable.

As far as Tim's problem, though, my fear of carrying two phones is why I still have everything work related still going to my personal phone, which is another curse all its own.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2023, 09:19:41 AM »

I was going to say Seiko 5 as well. My band broke and it took a fall on to the concrete, dislocating the winding weight from the assembly, hopefully it's repairable.

As far as Tim's problem, though, my fear of carrying two phones is why I still have everything work related still going to my personal phone, which is another curse all its own.

The 2nd phone came with an office:  business agent for my IATSE Local.  I really don't want to forward those calls to my personal phone.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »

The 2nd phone came with an office:  business agent for my IATSE Local.  I really don't want to forward those calls to my personal phone.

It would be nice if phones could have dual modes where you can decide if it's work you or personal you.  A different set of apps, different configurations, but just one device.

There are solutions to get more than 1 number on a phone, but being able to flip a switch that lets you either be in work mode or personal mode would be awesome.  It seems so silly that people have resorted to carrying 2 physical phones to keep that separation.
Brian Jojade

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2023, 01:02:53 PM »

It would be nice if phones could have dual modes where you can decide if it's work you or personal you.  A different set of apps, different configurations, but just one device.

There are solutions to get more than 1 number on a phone, but being able to flip a switch that lets you either be in work mode or personal mode would be awesome.  It seems so silly that people have resorted to carrying 2 physical phones to keep that separation.

Over here you can have a "switchboard" app for your company from a couple of cell providers.
Every employee get's an app on their phone, when they log in they can start receiving calls to the company phone number and make calls using the same number.
Log out and you're no loger receiving calls to the company number, just your own number. It also redirects and distributes SMS messages when you're logged in.

John L Nobile

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2023, 01:03:50 PM »

They make phones that can use 2 SIM cards. I don't know how well they work but it's an interesting concept.

I used to have a personal and a work phone. Eventually, I found things a lot easier to forward one phone to the other. When my personal plan expired, I canceled it and now just use my work phone. Saves money and the hassle of carrying 2 phones.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2023, 03:18:50 PM »

They make phones that can use 2 SIM cards. I don't know how well they work but it's an interesting concept.

Yes, you can have 2 numbers on the phone, but that's all it does. 2 numbers. It doesn't keep them separate.  I want a phone that has 2 completely different personalities.  My work personality should only show the work apps, logged in appropriately, the personal profile would be completely separate.

Putting this on a schedule would vastly cut down on inappropriate work messages after hours.

Brian Jojade

John L Nobile

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2023, 03:35:56 PM »

Actually wearing two on the same wrist would be an interesting experiment to see if they come up with the same data at the end of the day. I know if I swing my arms around just right it can count a whole bunch of steps all at once. I don't know if I'm fooling it, or if the sensor is not the great, or just the software. I figure its at least good for comparative value day to day anyway....

How about 3 watches? Classic Stooges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFBnor51fU

Scott Helmke

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2023, 05:25:42 PM »

Over here you can have a "switchboard" app for your company from a couple of cell providers.
Every employee get's an app on their phone, when they log in they can start receiving calls to the company phone number and make calls using the same number.
Log out and you're no loger receiving calls to the company number, just your own number. It also redirects and distributes SMS messages when you're logged in.

We were doing something like that during Covid - we had an app that tied in with our Comcast business line.  You could answer calls, transfer to other cell phones, etc.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2023, 09:17:02 PM »

We were doing something like that during Covid - we had an app that tied in with our Comcast business line.  You could answer calls, transfer to other cell phones, etc.

Yes but how would ge differentiate calls on the watch?

All of the IP phone providers can do this, cheaply, including me.  If that is what he wants to do I can give him some test lines.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2023, 01:33:30 AM »

I'm interested in this discussion as well, and for the very same reason that Tim is. I'm also the business rep for my Local have to carry two phones now. It's actually gitten me thinking about a smart watch which I have had a deep disdain for since they were initially introduced to market some years ago.

I would love a phone that had two different profiles that could switch between with the swipe of a button.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2023, 01:33:30 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.