ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker arrangement recommendations for old sanctuary  (Read 4077 times)

Steve Gorg

Re: Speaker arrangement recommendations for old sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 05:05:19 PM »

What are the other left over parts and pieces.

Get some binoculars and see if you can read the tag on the back.

Right now we've got two powered EV ZLX-15BT's, two powered EV ZLX-12BT's (currently used as stage wedges, could be repurposed and replaced), and the tbd Community mounted up high.

scottstephens

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 08:04:53 PM »

Steve,

Here is some non-audio, audio advice. Have some of the older ladies of the church make some banners out of a quilted material and hang them up on the walls. Bible verses, a picture of Jesus, whatever. It will work wonders.  And it won't cost the church very much at all or anything.  Now, listen to what the other guys have said and get 60 to 70 degree horn speakers and aim them down at the people.
Good Mixing.
scott

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 03:52:13 PM »

I was originally looking at a single JBL CBT 70J or 1000 ...

Coverage-wise I could probably get away with the JBL on the front wall up high, but I'm assuming locating the speaker behind the stage mics would be a terrible idea?

Last question first; yes, it's a pretty terrible idea  ;D .

I installed a pair of CBT 70J's in a Synagogue and they performed very well. Even dispersion, relatively light weight and easy to hang off their wall brackets (you could mount them high on your side walls, angle and rotate as required, I believe). These were used for Spoken Word and a Cantor, so I don't know if they'd hold up to a band. A sub would definitely be in order, but I do like the "many small drivers" concept in a room like that.

Glad others have mentioned acoustic treatment. Is that balcony/choir loft well treated?

Dave

...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

BrianSimmons

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2023, 02:09:16 PM »

You definitely will get more even coverage the higher you have the speakers.  I would suggest a single mono speaker where that high speaker is now.  You will likely have to supplement this speaker with another one located farther back in the room - that is properly delayed in time to the front speaker.  Of course exactly where to place these speakers all of this depends on actual speaker and it's coverage pattern (which is not something I am prepared to suggest).  Keep in mind that speaker orientation plays a role in this, so don't mount a speaker horizontally if the desired coverage pattern is achieved when placed in a vertical orientation.   Some speakers produce the same coverage pattern in either orientation but many do not.

If the front high speaker ends up "shooting" over the heads of the people in the first couple of rows, this is when you supplement that speaker with some front fill speakers.  They should be mounted lower and set at a lower volume with the intent that only the people in the first couple of rows would hear them.  They may also need to be delayed to the front high speaker so the people sitting in the row(s) that overlap where they hear both speakers will hear them both in the same time.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2023, 02:09:16 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.