ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: compressing singers and pastor  (Read 4061 times)

kevin kow

compressing singers and pastor
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:47:45 AM »

hey....im wondering if i should compressor the singers and the pastor....the pastor said that is how it needs to be done. And we have 2 four channel compressor/gate so only 2 channels are being used, and that is for limiting purposes on the output. What do you guys this i have never done live sound before but i have a big sound system that i use for djing, so i know alot about sound jus this live stuff is new to me!!!

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
Re: compressing singers and pastor
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:03 PM »

hey....im wondering if i should compressor the singers and the pastor....the pastor said that is how it needs to be done. And we have 2 four channel compressor/gate so only 2 channels are being used, and that is for limiting purposes on the output. What do you guys this i have never done live sound before but i have a big sound system that i use for djing, so i know alot about sound jus this live stuff is new to me!!!

Prior to inserting a processor in the signal path you need to have a good reason to do so. Having the limiter on your outputs is obviously a good idea, assuming it is set up correctly.

You mentioned no problem that you are faced with as far as the singers and pastor.  If you can detail what the problem is, we can certainly make suggestions on what to do and how to set it up.

But one of the more obvious signs of a true professional is that they do not employ equipment and techniques without very good reason.
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: compressing singers and pastor
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.