Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

WiFi coverage

(1/1)

Stephen Swaffer:
A couple of years ago I downloaded a Windows based software that allowed me to see various access points and the strength of their coverage-I was using the free version of a professional software for very limited use-I believe I had it on a laptop that has since crashed.

Any suggestions for a workable software?  I am fairly certain it was mentioned here-but my search skills appear to be lacking if so.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on January 27, 2023, 01:06:16 PM ---A couple of years ago I downloaded a Windows based software that allowed me to see various access points and the strength of their coverage-I was using the free version of a professional software for very limited use-I believe I had it on a laptop that has since crashed.

Any suggestions for a workable software?  I am fairly certain it was mentioned here-but my search skills appear to be lacking if so.

--- End quote ---
I use an android app on my phone: wifi analyzer.  Works ok.

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on January 27, 2023, 01:06:16 PM ---A couple of years ago I downloaded a Windows based software that allowed me to see various access points and the strength of their coverage-I was using the free version of a professional software for very limited use-I believe I had it on a laptop that has since crashed.

--- End quote ---
I have NetSpot, seems to work pretty well. Even runs on Win11, which I just checked since I was kind of steered towards that upgrade this week by MS :-\. Runs on Mac, too.

Mike Kahrs:
I use InSSIDer.  https://www.metageek.com/inssider/

Jeremy Young:
I use Wi-Fi explorer on my Mac but it appears to be exclusive to Mac OS. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version