ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheet of paper phasing back into microphone problem  (Read 2397 times)

Maxime Gamache

Sheet of paper phasing back into microphone problem
« on: January 26, 2023, 06:38:41 PM »

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you already experienced that problem.. Comedians are reading letters live in a play and when they put the sheet in front of them, seems like sound is bouncing back and phase with the original source..

Is there some special paper that would absorb the sound?
Is there any special trick that i'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: Sheet of paper phasing back into microphone problem
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 07:54:29 PM »

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you already experienced that problem.. Comedians are reading letters live in a play and when they put the sheet in front of them, seems like sound is bouncing back and phase with the original source..

Is there some special paper that would absorb the sound?
Is there any special trick that i'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Special trick paper. lol.  Well, try this.  Start talking and pass a sheet of normal paper in front of your face a few inches away.  You should easily be able to hear a change in the sound.  Now do the same thing with a piece of paper towel. Notice how different the impact is!

Of course, getting the comedians to commit to writing all of their notes on napkins might be a bit of a stretch.  Maybe a low density construction paper would be enough.  Or, something low density mounted on cardstock so that it absorbs more than it reflects in the space between could work too.

Of course, printing the text a little larger and training them to hold the paper further away and at an angle so you don't get such a reflection would be a great option too, but then you have to deal with people, and that's way more effort.
Brian Jojade

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 01:47:22 PM »

Angle of incidence equals angle of reflection.  Just saying.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 01:47:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.