ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M10 bolts vs eyebolts  (Read 1510 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

M10 bolts vs eyebolts
« on: January 26, 2023, 01:41:11 PM »

The Yamaha BWS251 instructions indicate to use M10 bolts as pictured …..supposedly provided with the speakers (but not). I’m not seeing a lot of options for hex head fly rated M10 bolts. Thinking shouldered eyebolts would do the trick (plus provide a easy spot for a safety cable). Any issues using eyebolts here?
Yamaha has not got back to me yet.
Thanks.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: M10 bolts vs eyebolts
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 02:57:29 PM »

The Yamaha BWS251 instructions indicate to use M10 bolts as pictured …..supposedly provided with the speakers (but not). I’m not seeing a lot of options for hex head fly rated M10 bolts. Thinking shouldered eyebolts would do the trick (plus provide a easy spot for a safety cable). Any issues using eyebolts here?
Yamaha has not got back to me yet.
Thanks.
I prefer not to guess or assume when it comes to overhead suspension.  Staying within the exact manufacturer spec just makes things easier.
Call the people at Full Compass in Wisconsin, they have tons of specific repair and replacement parts for most all pro audio manufacturers, they can probably get you the exact Yamaha-sourced part.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 03:05:25 PM »

Well, the instructions in the photo clearly say use the bolts that come with the speaker...

But really, I wouldn't overthink this too much. This unit has a load rating of 66lbs.  You could probably put nylon bolts in there and never have them fail.
Brian Jojade

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 05:54:14 PM »

Well, the instructions in the photo clearly say use the bolts that come with the speaker...

But really, I wouldn't overthink this too much. This unit has a load rating of 66lbs.  You could probably put nylon bolts in there and never have them fail.
Agreed, even a junk bolt is going to have tensile strength in the thousands on pounds.
If you want something known, McMaster Carr has everything, in stock.  Here in CA, delivered next day.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 07:18:13 PM »

Any grade 5 or higher is going be way more than needed. Are there any other points for a safety eyebolt?

Check the depth of the threaded insert, so you don't bottom out the bolt.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 07:18:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.