Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

TTi PSA2702 not reading rf signal

(1/2) > >>

John Sulek:
 My TTi PSA2702 has suddenly ceased to read any signal from the antenna input. All the non radio functions work fine (screen, controls,etc). The sma connector seems solid and has had a sacrificial adapter on it since new.
 I did try the same sma-bnc adapter and antenna on an older unit and they are fine.
 While I suspect that this might be just EOL for this unit, I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
 Maybe it took a static discharge hit at the antenna connector, but it was in the same carrying case as always when not in use with the antenna connected.
 Time to start shopping around. :(

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: John Sulek on January 26, 2023, 11:07:52 AM --- My TTi PSA2702 has suddenly ceased to read any signal from the antenna input. All the non radio functions work fine (screen, controls,etc). The sma connector seems solid and has had a sacrificial adapter on it since new.
 I did try the same sma-bnc adapter and antenna on an older unit and they are fine.
 While I suspect that this might be just EOL for this unit, I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
 Maybe it took a static discharge hit at the antenna connector, but it was in the same carrying case as always when not in use with the antenna connected.
 Time to start shopping around. :(

--- End quote ---
Hi John,
It's worth reaching out to TTi to at least see about service. They've taken good care of me in the past. I've e-mailed you the contact info.

John Sulek:

--- Quote from: Ike Zimbel on January 26, 2023, 11:28:14 AM ---Hi John,
It's worth reaching out to TTi to at least see about service. They've taken good care of me in the past. I've e-mailed you the contact info.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ike!

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: John Sulek on January 26, 2023, 11:07:52 AM ---{...} Maybe it took a static discharge hit at the antenna connector, but it was in the same carrying case as always when not in use with the antenna connected. {...}

--- End quote ---

Question out of ignorance: does storing a device like this with an antenna connected provide protection against EMF-related damage? For some reason I had it in my head that an SMA terminator was the way to go (although maybe a shunt would be better?).

-Russ

John Sulek:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on January 26, 2023, 05:48:40 PM ---Question out of ignorance: does storing a device like this with an antenna connected provide protection against EMF-related damage? For some reason I had it in my head that an SMA terminator was the way to go (although maybe a shunt would be better?).

-Russ

--- End quote ---
That is probably the best practice. I just have a plastic cap that I place over the bnc to keep crud out when the antenna is not connected.
Not sure what happened as this unit has been in all sorts of bad weather outdoors, been on shows with multiple radios near by, etc. and has just kept on working-until it didn't.
I have an email into the UK service folks to see what the repair charges are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version