ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help : suggestions : buying new pa  (Read 1306 times)

Bharat Bajaj

Help : suggestions : buying new pa
« on: January 20, 2023, 04:06:30 PM »

Iíd posted on this lab around 10 years back when I shifted from Nexo system geo12 to Dnb v series system. This forum helped me a lot and iam again planning to by a new system . Meyer panther or dnb ksl .  I want to get some this new as I only do social Weddingsís and Pvt bands. So crowd is 3000-8000 at most . Now please  your reviews of both systems as I want super loud and ease of use. I hope to get some honest answers from people who have used these systems
Bharat Bajaj
SOUNDSHAFT

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: Help : suggestions : buying new pa
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:57:30 PM »

Iíd posted on this lab around 10 years back when I shifted from Nexo system geo12 to Dnb v series system. This forum helped me a lot and iam again planning to by a new system . Meyer panther or dnb ksl .  I want to get some this new as I only do social Weddingsís and Pvt bands. So crowd is 3000-8000 at most . Now please  your reviews of both systems as I want super loud and ease of use. I hope to get some honest answers from people who have used these systems

My choices.
Sound quality Panther.
Rear rejection KSL.
Given equal choice between both systems, I'd choose Panther for it's sound quality out front unless I needed the rear rejection of KSL. It's not that Panther sounds bad in the rear, it's perfectly ok there. But KSL is silent on the backside, OTOH KSL isn't as good out front as Panther. YMMV and all that.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 01:30:37 AM »

3000 to 8000 people?
You might consider Danley.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 01:00:11 PM »

Why not stay with d&b and go KSL?  Since you already have the Amp power to get started.

Also, why not add more V's to cover the 3000-8000 people?  It can do it.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Bharat Bajaj

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 01:55:14 PM »

3000 to 8000 people?
You might consider Danley.
.   Iíve  read a lot about Danley systems, they sound great . But on band rider we hardly have them here in India at least. Thatís the main reason not going for it.
Bharat Bajaj
SOUNDSHAFT

Bharat Bajaj

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 02:00:28 PM »

Why not stay with d&b and go KSL?  Since you already have the Amp power to get started.

Also, why not add more V's to cover the 3000-8000 people?  It can do it.
.  The waiting time for ksl is 11-12 months as per the distributor. Donít wanna wait that much. Secondly 1 ksl system is already here, and the Indian markets falls for new stuff . Easy to market . I donít wanna go out of dnb , itís a system that has made me grow. But with late service no parts available after warranty. Rethinking the whole matter.
Bharat Bajaj
SOUNDSHAFT

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 11:08:15 AM »

.  The waiting time for ksl is 11-12 months as per the distributor. Donít wanna wait that much. Secondly 1 ksl system is already here, and the Indian markets falls for new stuff . Easy to market . I donít wanna go out of dnb , itís a system that has made me grow. But with late service no parts available after warranty. Rethinking the whole matter.

All the Big Boys are having trouble getting products out the door in a timely manner.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 01:08:16 PM »

The quick answer is "whatever you can actually get delivered" on a time scale that is of benefit to you.  The reality is the whole world is still on back order for some products.

A venue I help staff just got a l'Acoustics K3 rig.  The monitor rig is d&b M4, and I don't think there is a firm ship date for those as of yet.  All of this was ordered last August, IIRC.

Good luck with your shopping.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 02:23:16 PM »

The quick answer is "whatever you can actually get delivered" on a time scale that is of benefit to you.  The reality is the whole world is still on back order for some products.

A venue I help staff just got a l'Acoustics K3 rig.  The monitor rig is d&b M4, and I don't think there is a firm ship date for those as of yet.  All of this was ordered last August, IIRC.

Good luck with your shopping.

I recently heard 2nd and 3rd quarter 2024 on l'acoustic & d&b some products.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 02:23:16 PM ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.