Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Is the DBX ZonePRO 641m decent?

(1/2) > >>

Tim Weaver:
Or should I be looking at anything else that's under maybe 800 bucks? This will be used for a simple Church setup where there's a pair of powered speakers up front and another pair as delays. This is a pop up church and they will have other functions there like acoustic singer songwriter stuff and meetings and events.

All I truthfully need is the delay for the fills, but since this DBX is 6x4 I would use it to protect and process the mains as well. So if there's a cheapish 4x4 processor out there better than the Zonepro let's hear it. Or if you like the Zonepro let's hear that as well.

Brian Jojade:
I've installed a few of them. They do their job. 

Programming is a bit annoying since it requires an app running in Windows. No web interface so fixes from your phone are out. No display on the unit either, so in order to see what's going on, again, you need to have a Windows machine handy.

Using it to 'protect and process' the mains might be a stretch for its capabilities.  It's really a very basic processor at best. 

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on January 16, 2023, 02:41:06 PM ---I've installed a few of them. They do their job. 

Programming is a bit annoying since it requires an app running in Windows. No web interface so fixes from your phone are out. No display on the unit either, so in order to see what's going on, again, you need to have a Windows machine handy.

Using it to 'protect and process' the mains might be a stretch for its capabilities.  It's really a very basic processor at best.

--- End quote ---

That's fine. I don't want any accessible controls anyway. And the speakers are going to be Yamaha DXR's so protection is kinda built in anyway.

Thanks.....

Mike Caldwell:
There decent, I've used them quite a few times. The M version lets you mix between sources and has an ethernet connection for control and programing or you can use the serial connection.

The Zone Pro processing is more or less DBX260 based or vise versa.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on January 16, 2023, 07:28:54 PM ---There decent, I've used them quite a few times. The M version lets you mix between sources and has an ethernet connection for control and programing or you can use the serial connection.

The Zone Pro processing is more or less DBX260 based or vise versa.

--- End quote ---

That's what I figured. At the absolute most it will take a mixer LR in and maybe an ipod input. But thats a big if.

Looks like this will do what I need to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version