ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conference Room Setup  (Read 1816 times)

Jacob Browell

Conference Room Setup
« on: January 06, 2023, 04:55:45 PM »

I'm tasked with setting up a conference room, 30'x40', that can have meetings up to 20+ people.  We already have in ceiling speakers, and a camera, but I'm having issues finding a decent microphone solution that doesn't involve startup procedures that my users are unlikely to be able to accomplish themselves.  I'm hoping to find an in-ceiling microphone system, that is either USB based, or can easily be integrated on a Windows PC.  Though I would not be adverse to microphones that went onto the tables.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 05:45:38 PM »

I'm tasked with setting up a conference room, 30'x40', that can have meetings up to 20+ people.  We already have in ceiling speakers, and a camera, but I'm having issues finding a decent microphone solution that doesn't involve startup procedures that my users are unlikely to be able to accomplish themselves.  I'm hoping to find an in-ceiling microphone system, that is either USB based, or can easily be integrated on a Windows PC.  Though I would not be adverse to microphones that went onto the tables.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
Re: Conference Room Setup
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 11:17:34 AM »

Shure, Sennheiser, Biamp, etc all have solutions for this. But it takes some specialized knowledge to setup and integrate it properly with the speakers and other accessories. Your best bet would be getting in touch with a local integrator; they'll be able to provide you with the correct solution for your space.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 02:57:12 PM »

IMO experience, ceiling mounted if done properly with baffles are the best way to go.  Have been in many conference rooms with both types.

Audio is good from the table stuff, but they really pickup noise from tables, paper shuffling and such as well as whispering murmers from side chatter.

Ceiling mounted overall are my preference for that reason.

[email protected]

• Finland, Uusimaa
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 03:55:59 AM »

It all depends on your budget, of course, but we have been very succesful with Shure P300-IMX as the "brains" and then depending on situation Shure MXA310, Shure MXA910 or Sennheiser TeamConnect.

Best solution has been with logic control (we have been using CUE) where customer has been able so adjust the volume for speakers in the room, but it is not 100% necessary. You can adjust it all to a "basic" level and just let it be.

But I would use P300-IMX myself as "mixer" (it has in-build USB also) and the some nice ceiling microphone (MXA, TeamConnect) as source.

Br,
-Minka-
95% of touring is work, and if you're lucky that 5% of the time is working with gear that are in good shape and according to rider...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 03:55:59 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.