Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

2022 Was a bad year

(1/3) > >>

Scott Holtzman:
I had to hang up my cans.  A genetic kidney disease caught me by surprise, I am now on dialysis 5 hours a session, 3 sessions each.  The days off find me exhausted. 

I have someone very competent running the business.  Long term I am figuring out my plan.  Just when things were taking off you get hit right between the eyes.

Happy New Year to all my friends.  If someone can spare a kidney I happen to know a very grateful donor.

Scott

Tim McCulloch:
Wow, Scott.  I knew you were having challenges but did not expect this.  Good luck with your future treatments.  I hope a donor kidney is found soon.

John Roberts {JR}:
good luck, get better...

JR

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on January 01, 2023, 12:56:00 PM ---Wow, Scott.  I knew you were having challenges but did not expect this.  Good luck with your future treatments.  I hope a donor kidney is found soon.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Tim.  I am young and don't have diabetes hopefully I will spend about 2 years on the list. 

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on January 01, 2023, 10:03:38 PM ---
Thanks Tim.  I am young and don't have diabetes hopefully I will spend about 2 years on the list.

--- End quote ---
Scott, 7 years, 26 weeks ago I was 57, with diabetes.
I was told to expect 2-1/2 to 3 years.
I got the call less than a month later. I never even got to dialysis.

Pack a bag, and keep it ready.
You never know, and hope for the best.

All the Best for you and yours in the new year.
Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version