ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good but inexpensive front wash  (Read 6098 times)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Good but inexpensive front wash
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2023, 01:58:12 PM »

We’re talking about a $100 light here guys. I would hope the $1000+ light is better.
The subject was “Decent but Inexpensive”. Is your idea of that a professional fixture?
Jeff and I just like showing how smart we are ::)
Ultimately, if it works for you it's good.  I have various quality fixtures that get used for different things.  After all, any light is better than no light.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2023, 06:57:56 PM »

Update:
I ordered the lights and after 1 week I still hadn't received any notification if the lights had been shipped/backordered etc... I sent the company an email stating my concern and received an email with a tracking number. There was some confusion as to where the lights where coming from. First I was told China, then from the US warehouse. Once I started tracking the package it was indeed coming from China.
The lights arrived safe and once again in good packaging. Unpack all the lights for inspection and all is good, no dings, no loose screws. Power everything up and all works. The following weekend I set everything up on the T-bars and start to program and here is where I start to look for colour discrepancies as we all hear "The colours won't match on knockoffs, they don't dim properly, they flicker". I can 100% confirm that all lights have the same brightness, colour and all work as they should.

Very happy with my purchase and would buy from them again.
Steve, quick question. How were the 9 units packaged? All grouped together in one or two boxes, or was ea light individually shipped?
Just curious on that as my US address charges $5/box.
Thanks. BJ
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2023, 10:30:33 AM »

Steve, quick question. How were the 9 units packaged? All grouped together in one or two boxes, or was ea light individually shipped?
Just curious on that as my US address charges $5/box.
Thanks. BJ

Bradford,

The 9 came in 2 boxes. Each light in it's own box within a bigger box. I think it was 6 and 3 per box.

Matt Jordan

• "Man, this is fun!"............."Still!"
    • Maxxsounds Audio co.
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2023, 10:51:20 PM »

18 x 18-watt LEDs, Powercon and DMX through for $77.44? How do they do it so cheap? Do they charge you 200 bucks for shipping?
I tried a couple of the sheds 18x18's. I am quite impressed on the fit and finish of the build. I just now graduated from leko 750's. Seems I still cannot get that "bastard amber" warm front wash from these although I have not spent much time on them. Is there a recipe for that warm wash? Otherwise they are bright as hell!
Matt Jordan
     Maxxsounds Audio co. Boise, ID
       www.maxxsoundsaudio.com

Give the people what they want, they will give you what you want.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2023, 10:58:53 AM »

I tried a couple of the sheds 18x18's. I am quite impressed on the fit and finish of the build. I just now graduated from leko 750's. Seems I still cannot get that "bastard amber" warm front wash from these although I have not spent much time on them. Is there a recipe for that warm wash? Otherwise they are bright as hell!

Been using the Shehds 18x18 since January. I'm really impressed with how good they have been so far. On one of the stages I had to turn them down a bit because they were so bright. For a general stage wash I have been using the white at full and have mixed in the amber as well. I haven't really played with the combination of W&A but the people on stage don't look blue.... lol
The lights have also worked well while dimming and videos don't have any flicker.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2023, 09:49:02 AM »

Same here. Based on your posts I bought a dozen. They are really bright. Putting 4 on a t bar is a little hefty, and I notice the dimming at low levels is a little ‘step-y’, but for the price I’m thrilled.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2023, 09:49:02 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.