Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Important! What eye color are 6:00am flights?

(1/2) > >>

Ike Zimbel:
Ok, we all know that an overnight flight is a "red eye". Lately, I've had a LOT of early morning flights, where you have to get to the airport at 1 million o'clock in the morning to be on the plane when it leaves at 6:00...but what eye color is that? Some suggestions I've heard, so far are a "black eye" and a "pink eye" (which has the added negative appeal of the suggestion that you might also get conjunctivitis from your fellow passengers...). Me, I'm kinda' leaning towards that bruised, yellow-ish-green-ish color, but hey...totally open to suggestions. ???

Justice C. Bigler:
When I flew home from tour, I had a 6am flight. It was an international flight so I had to be there at like 3am. Got to the US security portal even before those lazy ass TSA tards. My eyes were pretty red. Luckily I was in first class the whole way home so I just put on my sunglasses and slept. The annoying part was having to get up and transfer planes in the middle of my nap.

Scott Helmke:
I'd just call it "stupid early", because getting up that early tends to reduce one's effective IQ.

Brian Bolly:

--- Quote from: Ike Zimbel on December 05, 2022, 06:35:31 PM ---Ok, we all know that an overnight flight is a "red eye". Lately, I've had a LOT of early morning flights, where you have to get to the airport at 1 million o'clock in the morning to be on the plane when it leaves at 6:00...but what eye color is that? Some suggestions I've heard, so far are a "black eye" and a "pink eye" (which has the added negative appeal of the suggestion that you might also get conjunctivitis from your fellow passengers...). Me, I'm kinda' leaning towards that bruised, yellow-ish-green-ish color, but hey...totally open to suggestions. ???

--- End quote ---

I've always referred to these as "0-dark-thirty".

Pat Hamp:

--- Quote from: Justice C. Bigler on December 05, 2022, 08:06:06 PM ---When I flew home from tour, I had a 6am flight. It was an international flight so I had to be there at like 3am. Got to the US security portal even before those lazy ass TSA tards. My eyes were pretty red. Luckily I was in first class the whole way home so I just put on my sunglasses and slept. The annoying part was having to get up and transfer planes in the middle of my nap.

--- End quote ---

It's called a shut eye because that what everyone does once there in their seat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version