Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

X32 at Monitors as Master

<< < (2/2)

John L Nobile:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on December 04, 2022, 05:10:23 PM ---I've done it both ways, and it often comes down to who is actually using all the channels (i.e. with wedges it probably makes more sense for FOH to have gain control, since monitor world probably won't be doing much with inputs like drum overheads, but with IEMs it might make more sense for monitors to have gain control since FOH isn't going to see or care about inputs like stage talkback or audience mics).

My question (and, I think, Brian's too) is not about how the devices were synchronized, but how were they physically connected (i.e. FOH AES50-A was plugged int X, monitor AES50-A was plugged into Y, etc.)?

-Russ

--- End quote ---

A to A from the DL32 to the Mon X32. DL32 B to FOH X32 A. I tried a few different connections but either got a sync error or it didn't work.

There's nothing happening in the room this week till another show on Saturday so everything is still setup and I'll find time to play with it.

Jim McKeveny:
Yes, I am old school, but the idea of showtime gain tweaks - from either FOH or MON - with "shared" gains makes me queasy.

Douglas R. Allen:

--- Quote from: John L Nobile on December 05, 2022, 11:50:33 AM ---A to A from the DL32 to the Mon X32. DL32 B to FOH X32 A. I tried a few different connections but either got a sync error or it didn't work.

There's nothing happening in the room this week till another show on Saturday so everything is still setup and I'll find time to play with it.

--- End quote ---

You could go DL32 Aes50A out to Monitor desk. Monitors Desk AES50B out with-it sending channels 1-32 (and Aux channels if need be) back down to the FOH desk. At FOH patch these into its channels. Then send what you want back up AES50 to the desk and out the desk to the DL32 XLR outs.

Douglas R. Allen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version