Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Midas M32 LCR Sub Outs

(1/1)

Timothy R Moss:
I  am using 2 Meyer JMP-1 for tops.  They are driven by the L + R outputs (15-16) on the console.  I have two Meyer 900 subs that each need an output from the console. The typical routing for the sub would be C or output 14.  Since I need one out for each sub is there a way to add or sum 13 and 14?  Or do I need something else?

Thanks

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: trmoss on November 28, 2022, 07:11:11 AM ---I  am using 2 Meyer JMP-1 for tops.  They are driven by the L + R outputs (15-16) on the console.  I have two Meyer 900 subs that each need an output from the console. The typical routing for the sub would be C or output 14.  Since I need one out for each sub is there a way to add or sum 13 and 14?  Or do I need something else?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Jonathan Kok:
You can assign a bus to multiple outputs. Simply assign the 'Main M/C' bus to another output of your console (probably 13). It's under the 'OUT 1-16' tab of the ROUTING page. Alternatively, you can instead use an AUX BUS for your subwoofers (common in the pro world); this would enable you to completely remove some inputs from being sent to your subwoofers.

Brian Jojade:

--- Quote from: Jonathan Kok on November 29, 2022, 01:18:54 PM ---You can assign a bus to multiple outputs. Simply assign the 'Main M/C' bus to another output of your console (probably 13). It's under the 'OUT 1-16' tab of the ROUTING page. Alternatively, you can instead use an AUX BUS for your subwoofers (common in the pro world); this would enable you to completely remove some inputs from being sent to your subwoofers.

--- End quote ---

Using the X32/m32, you have the option to turn the M/C buss on or off as well as adjust the level if you so desire on a per channel basis.  You could also turn off the main L/R on the channel and send the channel exclusively to the sub, if you so desired.  No need to burn an aux bus doing this.

I would also recommend setting the M/C channel to follow the LR main. This allows you to use just the main control to adjust the entire mix.  If you don't do that then you need to adjust both the main and the center control which may not both appear on the surface at the same time, depending on what you're looking at.

John Schalk:
The picture of the 900-LFC on Sweetwater's website shows that the input panel has a loop through XLR output, so another way to get the audio signal to your second subwoofer would be to run a "jumper" mic cable from the first subwoofer.  This is what I do when I can locate my powered subs together, usually in a center position.  I realize that this seems terribly obvious, but just thought I'd mention it in case the OP is really new to audio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version