Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

New to this and need help routing and setting up

<< < (2/2)

Jordan Wayne Vance:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on November 28, 2022, 07:51:31 PM ---Again, what model receiver? or at least a pic of the rear panel to see what you have to work with.

--- End quote ---
so tried to upload pics no luck bit it's a Yamaha rxv671

Paul G. OBrien:
Jordan, that reciever has surround sound decoding built in but it does not have analog line outputs for all those channels.. just the main stereo pair, so you will only get processed surround sound from the speakers connected to the reciever. You can however connect the stereo line or Zone outputs from it to your powerd mixer and get sound to those speakers that way, this makes the reciever the main hub of the system... all A/V sources should connect to it and not the mixer.

Jordan Wayne Vance:

--- Quote from: Paul G. OBrien on November 28, 2022, 10:03:51 PM ---Jordan, that reciever has surround sound decoding built in but it does not have analog line outputs for all those channels.. just the main stereo pair, so you will only get processed surround sound from the speakers connected to the reciever. You can however connect the stereo line or Zone outputs from it to your powerd mixer and get sound to those speakers that way, this makes the reciever the main hub of the system... all A/V sources should connect to it and not the mixer.

--- End quote ---
ok cool thank you for that information.!I guess that’s what I was asking how do I make it my hub of my whole system? I’ve tried connecting pc to it and have the mixer connected to both outputs for analog on the receiver and no luck. I’m doing something wrong

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Jordan Wayne Vance on November 29, 2022, 05:20:17 AM --- ok cool thank you for that information.!I guess that’s what I was asking how do I make it my hub of my whole system? I’ve tried connecting pc to it and have the mixer connected to both outputs for analog on the receiver and no luck. I’m doing something wrong

--- End quote ---
You cannot get anything but left, right, and sub out of this receiver at line level.  Surround is only available at speaker level

Paul G. OBrien:

--- Quote from: Jordan Wayne Vance on November 29, 2022, 05:20:17 AM ---I’ve tried connecting pc to it and have the mixer connected to both outputs for analog on the receiver and no luck. I’m doing something wrong

--- End quote ---
Can you explain that in more detail, exactly how are you connecting the PC to the reciever... via USB or analog patch cables? There are a LOT of settings available inside an AVR so you will have to sit down with the user manual and make sure everything is correctly enabled before you get audio where you want it... it won't just happen after the cables are connected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version