Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Blu100 & EC-4BV controllers

(1/1)

David Buroker:
I usually do K-12 work, and while I regularly use Blu100 DSP's, I have never used the Contrio controllers. After assembling the processing objects I cannot figure our how to associate buttons on the EC-4BV controller with the selections on a Source Selector, Source Matrix, or Matrix Router. Harman is pretty thin on training materials. I don't find much on other web references.

I'm a fairly smart guy but this stuff is making me feel dumb.

My application is a community clubhouse with 4 areas: Main, Pool, Game Room, & Gym. An EC-4BV at the Pool, Game Room, and Gym. An EC-8BV at the Main room.

Main room should be able to select TV audio, BT audio, and two mic/line inputs on half of the buttons. Other buttons would override other room controls to allow for master control of sources. Pool, Gym, and Game Room only have TV audio and BT audio sources, so there would be two unused buttons. Not quite a real combining system, more of a multisource, multizone system and looking back, it would have made a lot more sense to just supply a residential product that does only that. Alas, I have had the gear for quite some time and it is not returnable.

Anyone have a resource for some real training materials specific to the Contrio controllers and source selection? I'd even consider just paying someone who knows to just bang out a configuration, as this isn't my standard fare and it's more important to get the work done than acquiring some new skills right now.

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: David Buroker on November 12, 2022, 02:19:36 PM ---I usually do K-12 work, and while I regularly use Blu100 DSP's, I have never used the Contrio controllers. After assembling the processing objects I cannot figure our how to associate buttons on the EC-4BV controller with the selections on a Source Selector, Source Matrix, or Matrix Router. Harman is pretty thin on training materials. I don't find much on other web references.

I'm a fairly smart guy but this stuff is making me feel dumb.

My application is a community clubhouse with 4 areas: Main, Pool, Game Room, & Gym. An EC-4BV at the Pool, Game Room, and Gym. An EC-8BV at the Main room.

Main room should be able to select TV audio, BT audio, and two mic/line inputs on half of the buttons. Other buttons would override other room controls to allow for master control of sources. Pool, Gym, and Game Room only have TV audio and BT audio sources, so there would be two unused buttons. Not quite a real combining system, more of a multisource, multizone system and looking back, it would have made a lot more sense to just supply a residential product that does only that. Alas, I have had the gear for quite some time and it is not returnable.

Anyone have a resource for some real training materials specific to the Contrio controllers and source selection? I'd even consider just paying someone who knows to just bang out a configuration, as this isn't my standard fare and it's more important to get the work done than acquiring some new skills right now.

--- End quote ---

Hi David,
Its been a few years, but you have to find the parameters you want to control on the left side venue explorer and drag them onto the respective spot on the control gui.

David Buroker:

--- Quote from: David Sturzenbecher on November 12, 2022, 06:16:13 PM ---Hi David,
Its been a few years, but you have to find the parameters you want to control on the left side venue explorer and drag them onto the respective spot on the control gui.

--- End quote ---

Thanks David,

After posting this, I went back and looked at it again. I figured it out, and once I did I'll admit it's really easy. Not completely obvious like most BSS config, but not complicated by any means.

Appreciate your reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version