Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Brackets

<< < (2/2)

John M. Roll:

--- Quote from: duane massey on November 07, 2022, 11:46:18 PM ---Any metal/fab shop can make these out of flat stock. Where are you located?

--- End quote ---

Endicott, NY

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: John M. Roll on November 07, 2022, 08:52:30 PM ---I purchased some cheap led spots. Needless to say, the quality isn't very good. The fixtures work fine, but the mounting brackets (yolks?)are paper thin and have crumpled after an accident in the trailer. Does anyone know where to get some brackets made or a source for something similar. I could probably make them myself, but I'm not sure where to get the material. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
John

--- End quote ---

If these are flying overhead be aware of the increased liability that will come with using DIY or otherwise unrated mounting solutions.  Make sure your safety is solid.  If the safety attachment point is the yoke in question then you’re kinda screwed.  If it fails it’s all on you, no mfgr rated hardware to point at.

Paul Johnson:
Adjustable shelving. The workshop style stuff. The ones you build yourself. These have perforated strip and are pre drilled, so saw off the right length, bend it and the holes are already there. If you spray them black, nobody will even notice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version