ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin Torus feature  (Read 982 times)

Jim McKeveny

Martin Torus feature
« on: January 13, 2023, 03:29:15 PM »

I was on hand for Will Harris on Martin USA testing/tuning a new Torus installation in Easthampton, NY. Out-of-the-box the rig sounded world-class (the anti-VRX, if permitted).

Interesting feature: though not a self-powered box, the control software permitted Will to "bump" each Torus amp zone with an ultrasonic tone and an orange LED behind the cabinet grille allowed for identification/confirmation of the device. Neat. Almost like pilot tone confirmation with RF devices.

BTW- No. I do not sell Martin..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:39:14 PM by Jim McKeveny »

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Martin Torus feature
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 03:42:19 PM »

If they aren't self powered what is in the box to light up an LED ? An LED is a diode after all, not something I'd want across my speaker lines.

I was on hand for Will Harris on Martin USA testing/tuning a new Torus installation in Easthampton, NY. Out-of-the-box the rig sounded world-class (the anti-VRX, if permitted).

Interesting feature: though not a self-powered box, the control software permitted Will to "bump" each Torus amp zone with an ultrasonic tone and an orange LED behind the cabinet grille allowed for identification/confirmation of the device. Neat. Almost like pilot tone confirmation with RF devices.

BTW- No. I do not sell Martin..

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 04:08:14 PM »

If they aren't self powered what is in the box to light up an LED ? An LED is a diode after all, not something I'd want across my speaker lines.

I am the same way: Why introduce it?  Also, much about Class D amps regards the UHF filtering, so very counter-practice.

OTOH- The rig was very smooth and integrated, on and off axis. Hard to make sound bad, even at extremes.

Douglas Cyr

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 07:28:59 PM »

What was the box count? Was it a mixture of the 15 and 30 degree vertical boxes?

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 10:51:10 AM »

What was the box count? Was it a mixture of the 15 and 30 degree vertical boxes?

3 x 15 degrees over 1 x 30 downfill. All hung beneath their matching cardioid sub. 2 2x18 Martin subs/side on deck. Truly sounded as a smooth, integrated system, not merely an arrangement of components.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 10:51:10 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 25 queries.