Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

RGBW LED Lighting Troubleshooting Help

<< < (2/2)

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: David J. Bingham on November 04, 2022, 06:05:08 PM ---Outstanding, gentlemen!  I appreciate all the responses.  I will definitely look into Master/Slave relationships and termination.  The splitter may be a little beyond my technical expertise, but I will do some research and look into that idea as well.  Improper termination or poor connections will be my next step, I suspected this might be part if not all of the issue.  I will keep everyone posted as to the final resolution.  Thanks again!

--- End quote ---
I have also seen one wonky fixture or cable cause random problems throughout the chain.  Remove one fixture at a time from the chain and see if the problem goes away.

duane massey:

--- Quote from: David J. Bingham on November 04, 2022, 06:05:08 PM ---Outstanding, gentlemen!  I appreciate all the responses.  I will definitely look into Master/Slave relationships and termination.  The splitter may be a little beyond my technical expertise, but I will do some research and look into that idea as well.  Improper termination or poor connections will be my next step, I suspected this might be part if not all of the issue.  I will keep everyone posted as to the final resolution.  Thanks again!

--- End quote ---
Splitter is pretty straight-forward. Just run the DMX signal in to it, and then run separate cables to each group of fixtures. It makes cabling much easier, and can make troubleshooting a breeze.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version