ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Quest for an ideal Rave Party Sound System  (Read 4869 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: A Quest for an ideal Rave Party Sound System
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2022, 05:16:10 PM »

And in the hands of inexperienced help, it is even better--------------

I have also been told that a compressor/gate can really "fix" all sorts of problems with a sound system--------

And "delays" are bad, because they slow down the sound and make it "not as fast".

And DON'T EVER invert anything, because it makes it "backwards" to the rest of the signals.

And don't forget this little trick to get more power out of an amplifier.  If you run the output of one amp into the input of another, the power "adds up" for greater output.

Yeah, there is lots of "good wisdom and cures" out there, you just need to talk to the right people (who don't have a clue)

I have a feeling that some idiot is going to try your last suggestion and blow up their amp and say "but I heard it recommended on ProSoundWeb.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2022, 09:19:25 AM »

I have a feeling that some idiot is going to try your last suggestion and blow up their amp and say "but I heard it recommended on ProSoundWeb.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I know a guy who did that almost 30 years ago.  Today he's mixing A-level "bands you've heard of".
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2022, 11:39:11 AM »

Don't forget that all good systems need a BBE Sonic Maximizer!

Back in the day I had someone tell me that Meyer/Apogee/etc. all "hid" BBE's in their processors and that is why they sounded so good. I gives me a headache just remembering...

Thomas Le

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2022, 11:48:16 AM »

Back in the day I had someone tell me that Meyer/Apogee/etc. all "hid" BBE's in their processors and that is why they sounded so good. I gives me a headache just remembering...

For all we know, the BBE might be in the their 500 series lunchbox. Proprietary processing secret sauce  8)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2022, 11:48:16 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.