Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

A Quest for an ideal Rave Party Sound System

(1/9) > >>

Hadrien Othnin:
Fellow sound and music lovers, welcome to my quest.

Some Personal and Technical background :  My name is H, I have an education of Aerospace engineer and I've been making illegal rave parties in France and Germany for about 10 years. I currently live in Hamburg, where I have found a playground to experiment with Sound Reinforcement in many positive ways. I am an Optimization nerd and I can't live without Music. I do not consider myself a Sound Professional, but I take Sound, Music and Dancefloors very seriously.

During my 10 years of designing and running dancefloor oriented events, I've been exposed to a lot of very unique conditions and constraints that made me develop Sound Reinforcement practices which behave "out of the box" in some aspects. Even performing parties with highly competent people with professional backgrounds, I often do not find the answer to my questions because the question. As I see more and more that these skills are useful to many, I am currently processing all my findings, tips and tricks to share it to my fellow sound enthusiasts and party makers.

I still test stress my thoughts on my current System, and it is time for me to test stress these ideas within a knowledgeable community. I will make different posts il the coming weeks to discuss and investigate many topics, from gear selection, acoustics and psycho-acoustics, system optimization and many other juicy stuff, but this first Post is simply an introduction from me and my current Sound System to you.

The following document is a simple breakdown of the PA from DJ Deck to Cabinets. It contains some thoughts and information here and there, being only one of many documents at work it must be seen as a work in progress made by a dedicated hobbyist. I'm curious for any feedback, advise or questions regarding it's content.

--------------------------------
https://postimg.cc/8fmRp1fd
--------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to dive in, I'm looking forward to positive and stimulating discussions with you all  8)

Dan Richardson:

--- Quote from: HBettik on November 02, 2022, 05:32:03 PM ---I'm looking forward to positive and stimulating discussions with you all  8)

--- End quote ---

First thing you'll want to do is follow the rules of the forum and post your real full name.

Hadrien Othnin:

--- Quote from: Dan Richardson on November 03, 2022, 11:06:52 AM ---First thing you'll want to do is follow the rules of the forum and post your real full name.

--- End quote ---

It confused me for a bit, I thought I did but obviously not. I believe my real name now appears as it should, thank you for notifying this  ;)

Brian Jojade:
Hmm, I don't know that discussing 'illegal' activities is something that we do around here.  I'd suggest omitting that from the discussion.

Jeff Lelko:

--- Quote from: Hadrien Othnin on November 02, 2022, 05:32:03 PM ---...and I've been making illegal rave parties in France and Germany for about 10 years...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on November 03, 2022, 01:10:11 PM ---Hmm, I don't know that discussing 'illegal' activities is something that we do around here.

--- End quote ---

Especially when your name is tied to it on the never-forgetting internet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version