Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

Polar measurements arm

(1/2) > >>

Alberto Escrina:
Hi everyone.
We, at the company, are evaluating to purchase an ELF arm for balloon data acquisition.
It is manufactured in Germany by Four Audio.
I would like to know if you have information on similar devices on the market.
Besides, as I will be visiting the US on November, I would like to know also the possibility of visiting a facility were an ELF or some other device like it is employed.
Any advice will be welcome.
Thank you.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Alberto Escrina on October 07, 2022, 06:57:19 PM ---Hi everyone.
We, at the company, are evaluating to purchase an ELF arm for balloon data acquisition.
It is manufactured in Germany by Four Audio.
I would like to know if you have information on similar devices on the market.
Besides, as I will be visiting the US on November, I would like to know also the possibility of visiting a facility were an ELF or some other device like it is employed.
Any advice will be welcome.
Thank you.

--- End quote ---
I believe Danley has a device like that.

Alberto Escrina:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on October 08, 2022, 03:42:05 AM ---I believe Danley has a device like that.

--- End quote ---
I visited Danley several years ago, and this is an appreciation, but they didn't seem to have any measuring facilities at their Georgia location. This could have changed after my visit.
Pat Brown, on his Prosound Testing website, includes Danley on his measuring projects.
There they use a custom-made device for polars. Perhaps the ELF didn't even exist at the time?
The million dollar question is what would he employ today? A custom-made device or a finished product of recognized performance?
Cost and development time involved on the two alternatives are totally different.
Thank you Dave.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Alberto Escrina on October 08, 2022, 02:07:30 PM ---I visited Danley several years ago, and this is an appreciation, but they didn't seem to have any measuring facilities at their Georgia location. This could have changed after my visit.
Pat Brown, on his Prosound Testing website, includes Danley on his measuring projects.
There they use a custom-made device for polars. Perhaps the ELF didn't even exist at the time?
The million dollar question is what would he employ today? A custom-made device or a finished product of recognized performance?
Cost and development time involved on the two alternatives are totally different.
Thank you Dave.

--- End quote ---
I recently saw a post showing Tom Danley using a new device, so things might have changed.

Pascal.Pincosy:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on October 08, 2022, 02:53:04 PM ---I recently saw a post showing Tom Danley using a new device, so things might have changed.

--- End quote ---
Danley Sound Labs purchased the Klippel Near Field Scanner System:

https://www.klippel.de/products/rd-system/modules/nfs-near-field-scanner.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version