Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EV50?  (Read 662 times)

Jason Osborn

EV50?
« on: October 03, 2022, 06:53:50 PM »

Background: I play in a duo (Guitar and Keyboard, 2 Vox, plus a BeatBuddy Drum Looper). We typically play small to medium sized bar/club/winery gigs.

I have a Yamaha EMX-5 with 2 - 12"+horn mains and 2 - 10"+horn monitors. Overall we are happy with the sound, but I've been thinking about adding a small sub for some low end re-enforcement.

At the same time, that rig is overkill for a few of the smaller venues we play. A few in particular just don't have room all that, so I've also been thinking about a sub+pole array system for smaller shows like that.

I'm looking at the Electro-Voice EV50. I'm wondering if it could solve both of the problems.

For medium sized venues and outdoors, I'd run the EMX-5 with our normal speakers and add the  EV50 SUB ONLY as a stand alone sub to add a little low end punch?

For smaller venues, I'd use the EMX-5 just as a board and use the entire EV50 as the main house sound. I'd also have the option to run a monitor off the EMX-5 if we needed to.

Does this make sense? is there any reason why this wouldn't work to meet our needs?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber