ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refinishing wedges  (Read 1029 times)

Mal Brown

Refinishing wedges
« on: September 30, 2022, 04:57:52 PM »

I have 4 Renkus 12 and horn wedges that have a bunch of scarring.  I'm goimg to try selling them off with a rack of QSC PLX or CX power and i/o panel, cables.   I'm thinking 250 maybe 300 a channel.   That sems ah, reasonable for 4 channels of good sounding though old tech monitors.  Am I dreamin?  It seems that recently I have more experience buyimg than selling  :-0

So question - do I bother refinishing ?  If so, rattle can ? double coat of dura-tex ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:01:08 PM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: Refinishing wedges
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 06:07:59 PM »

The price you'll get for the speakers really depends on how fast you need to move them, and how lucky you get running into someone that will put that sort of value into the boxes. 

A can of touch up paint applied will likely increase your sell price enough to more than pay for the paint, and maybe some of your time.

If you're looking to get $1200 for 4 speakers, amps and cables, it's not completely unreasonable, but at the same time, it's often harder to get people to buy older used stuff in bundles vs breaking it apart.
Brian Jojade

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 08:55:06 AM »

Seems like a good price for all.  Though, selling everything as a package may be greatly limiting your potential audience, especially when a lot of people are moving to powered monitors.  I think some rattle can paint would be sufficient.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 08:55:06 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.