ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doug Fowler  (Read 6646 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: Doug Fowler
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2022, 03:13:27 PM »

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2022, 07:54:51 PM »

I’m stunned.  I just found out.  Doug was a great human. The forum and PSW wouldn’t be what they are today or have had the impact it has without Doug.  He was the first to post on the live-audio mailing list and the first one I told when it moved to a forum format.  His imprint is everywhere on the forum.

His life was much more than any forum or web site.  He was full of a truly generous and loving spirit.  He made a positive impact on the lives of many people.  For that he’ll be remembered and missed.

Dave

^^this

And it feels weird to say it, but this place has had a HUGE impact on my life. I never had the privilege of ever meeting Doug in person, but so much of what drew me in here and has kept me here is a direct result of his influence on this community. There are so many ways to do this wrong and so few ways to do it right. Doug did it right.

He will be missed
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2022, 05:05:55 AM »

This is very sad news. Condolances to his family.

Douglas R. Allen

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2022, 11:58:58 AM »

I was part of the production team for a show (live show and multi camera HD video shoot) and we were checking out the venue in Cleveland and meeting with Eighth Day Sound to do the sound part. We then went to Eight Days shop to get the tour. We were then talking to our contact there and I brought up the subject of the Live Audio Web board. And then the fellow said that the guy in the shop that was being shown around the Digico console was Doug Fowler. I said if he is still there I would like to meet him. So that is where I first met Doug.   

I ended up having a conflict with the show dates. And purely on his reputation I had them hire Doug to take over FOH duties for me. The show went very well and they were very happy with Doug.

I then ran into him once more at the AES expo in NYC.

We have lost a special person.

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2022, 02:57:03 PM »

Oh, man, sooo very saddened to read this.....

I got to hang out with Doug on two occasions, a SmartLive class (when EAW was distributing it) and later on, a VUE demo done in our town. Each time I would learn soooo much in a very short time. And every time I would reach out with a question, he was quick to answer and eager to help. And he had some very comforting words when he learned of my Dad's passing in 2006.

Fly High and Mix It Loud, Doug, as only You Can. You were and always will be The Man....

:'( :'( :'( :'(

John T. Cotton

• Frugal Audio
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2022, 06:19:11 PM »

Well said. May he rest in peace.

I’m stunned.  I just found out.  Doug was a great human. The forum and PSW wouldn’t be what they are today or have had the impact it has without Doug.  He was the first to post on the live-audio mailing list and the first one I told when it moved to a forum format.  His imprint is everywhere on the forum.

His life was much more than any forum or web site.  He was full of a truly generous and loving spirit.  He made a positive impact on the lives of many people.  For that he’ll be remembered and missed.

Dave
John T. Cotton

www.FrugalAudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2022, 06:19:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.