Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Lab/RCF similarities.

<< < (2/2)

Riley Casey:
Such reading as I've done on Chinese industrial practices suggests that it ranges from genuine knock offs in the sense that a cheaply made, poor performing imitation product can be found right next to a literally genuine product sold off the books by the night manager of the same factory that makes the real product. No reason to think an RCF branded amp is something that RCF wasn't confident would be supportable but also ample reason to think they could easily find a product 'branding ready' from any number of vendors in China that did their R&D on existing designs.

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on September 28, 2022, 06:13:50 PM ---If RCF is putting their name on this amp I'd presume it's a "legitimate" product; i.e. RCF has done due diligence on the OEM factory and that RCF owns or contracted the electronic and mechanical designs.

You might ask RCF and see what they've got to say.

--- End quote ---

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on September 28, 2022, 07:22:10 PM ---Those have been discontinued for a while.

--- End quote ---

Hmm. Maybe that's why I haven't seen any of them around.

Re Lab original and clones, I did some googling, based on that I wouldn't trust any of them clones for work. The original Lab amps isn't that expensive, they come with a decent warranty and good support. Been a long time user of the FP/C-series amps in various installs, they have been very reliable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version