Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Lab/RCF similarities.

(1/2) > >>

Helge A Bentsen:
I was looking around for a źdumb╗ 4-channel amp the other day and came across this:
https://www.rcf.it/en/products/product-detail/qps-9600

Looks very similar to the good, old Lab FP10.000Q.
Anybody know if these amps share internals/technology and not just looks?

Riley Casey:
There has been a wave of cheap Chinese knock offs of Lab Gruppen amps on eBay for many years. No idea if this is connected but it might be worth seeing the the RCF amps are made.

Tim McCulloch:
If RCF is putting their name on this amp I'd presume it's a "legitimate" product; i.e. RCF has done due diligence on the OEM factory and that RCF owns or contracted the electronic and mechanical designs.

You might ask RCF and see what they've got to say.

Mike Caldwell:
Those have been discontinued for a while.

Daniel Levi:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on September 28, 2022, 06:13:50 PM ---If RCF is putting their name on this amp I'd presume it's a "legitimate" product; i.e. RCF has done due diligence on the OEM factory and that RCF owns or contracted the electronic and mechanical designs.

You might ask RCF and see what they've got to say.

--- End quote ---

RCF Hardly seem to be a company that would sell "knock offs", and from the website images it's all neutrik connectors, something I would not expect on a "knock off"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version