ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Women Who Worked Woodstock 1969  (Read 2207 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
The Women Who Worked Woodstock 1969
« on: September 27, 2022, 11:49:36 AM »

From Dan Mortensen and the other elves at the Pacific North West chapter of the Audio Engineering Society, an oral history from several women who worked the festival in a variety of capacities, along with comments and additional info from some of the men who did, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDEvCQiPEYc

Over 4 hours, I've not watched it yet, it's fresh out of edit.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: The Women Who Worked Woodstock 1969
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 03:02:46 PM »

Thanks for this Tim!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 02:43:14 PM »

Yes, thanks, Tim!

That was really a cool experience. True to expectation, we had a good group of panelists to start with and it kept increasing up to the day before the event, when we had a run-through and two unexpected but very welcome people joined us (one was a backstage security person and the other was Chip Monck).

All their stories were really fascinating and you'll hear them when watching the video. As several people pointed out in the meeting, they were almost all in their early 20's when they were part of that incredible thing, and for almost all of them it was a life-changing experience.

It was a very moving experience to hear and be with them.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 04:00:32 PM »

Yes, thanks, Tim!

That was really a cool experience. True to expectation, we had a good group of panelists to start with and it kept increasing up to the day before the event, when we had a run-through and two unexpected but very welcome people joined us (one was a backstage security person and the other was Chip Monck).

All their stories were really fascinating and you'll hear them when watching the video. As several people pointed out in the meeting, they were almost all in their early 20's when they were part of that incredible thing, and for almost all of them it was a life-changing experience.

It was a very moving experience to hear and be with them.

The PNW chapter (and Tea Time Topics) have had some really good guests and topics lately and I'm kicking myself that I have gigs on most of the days the events are live.  Many thanks to you and the rest of the team for their work in getting the recordings out.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 04:00:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.