Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Wireless control and Dante networks

(1/5) > >>

Helge A Bentsen:
Is there a way of setting up a wireless AP with DHCP on the wireless side and link local addressing on the cabled side?
I wish to have my computers on Wifi during setup and tuning talking to each other and the Dante devices, then move them over to cables (and turn off the WAP) before show time. Computers are for control only, I'm not trying to send Dante wirelessly.

I tested a few WAPs I had around, all of them "leaks" DHCP into the cabled side of the network.
Add a gateway?
Buy a new WAP that support this?
Or something else I haven't considered?

Tim McCulloch:
vLAN and router?

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on September 20, 2022, 10:16:35 AM ---vLAN and router?

--- End quote ---

Could be, this is beyond what I've done in terms of networking in the past.

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on September 20, 2022, 07:40:04 AM ---Is there a way of setting up a wireless AP with DHCP on the wireless side and link local addressing on the cabled side?
I wish to have my computers on Wifi during setup and tuning talking to each other and the Dante devices, then move them over to cables (and turn off the WAP) before show time. Computers are for control only, I'm not trying to send Dante wirelessly.

I tested a few WAPs I had around, all of them "leaks" DHCP into the cabled side of the network.
Add a gateway?
Buy a new WAP that support this?
Or something else I haven't considered?

--- End quote ---

I feel like I'm missing something here, but let me start with a question: why is it important that your Dante devices use link-local addresses?

-Russ

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on September 21, 2022, 03:22:39 PM ---I feel like I'm missing something here, but let me start with a question: why is it important that your Dante devices use link-local addresses?

-Russ

--- End quote ---

Because they’re often not my networks  :)
Think typical rental sotuations where you get a bunch of gear that’s there for one night only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version