Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

No more baby vans? (in North America anyway)

(1/3) > >>

drew gandy:
I'm curious the LAB thoughts about how all manufacturers have now announced 2023 as the last year for "cargo minivans".

I bought a Metris in 2018 as it was the largest capacity van in production that could fit into a 6'6" urban parking garage. It's been a mostly positive experience and I'm considering ordering a '23 model year Metris with all the bells before they are gone for good.

I'm concerned about a gap of unknown years between now and when electric "city vans" are widely available.

Any thoughts?

Bob Stone:
I'd be surprised if Ford stops making the Transit?

drew gandy:
Ford announced the end of the baby model of Transit.
They've apparently been doing well with the full size models and haven't discontinued them.

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: drew gandy on September 15, 2022, 10:43:25 AM ---Ford announced the end of the baby model of Transit.
They've apparently been doing well with the full size models and haven't discontinued them.

--- End quote ---
Sounds strange.
Can't throw a banjo more than 50 feet without hitting a Transit.
Hydro, post office, couriers, service vans. They're all over the place.
Chris.

Steve Crump:

--- Quote from: drew gandy on September 15, 2022, 10:03:38 AM ---I'm curious the LAB thoughts about how all manufacturers have now announced 2023 as the last year for "cargo minivans".

I bought a Metris in 2018 as it was the largest capacity van in production that could fit into a 6'6" urban parking garage. It's been a mostly positive experience and I'm considering ordering a '23 model year Metris with all the bells before they are gone for good.

I'm concerned about a gap of unknown years between now and when electric "city vans" are widely available.

Any thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Ford, Nissan and Ram all will not be bringing the "city" vans back in 23 is what I read. Not enough demand to justify. More demand for the full-size vans. I do wonder if at some point one of the manufacturers will bring out an EV version in the small vans and have a go of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version