Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

Sencore SP395 unlock codes

(1/2) > >>

David Buroker:
I've had a SP395 for years and recently had a need to perform some testing which I thought the device was capable of. As it turned out, those functions are locked. It seems that everything the device is capable of is already there, but won't work without the unlock codes.

I specifically am looking to enable the Noise Tools. I called Sencore, and wasn't surprised at all that a 15 year old device wasn't supported any longer. They said after a few new owners since the SP395 was built, there were no archives, no knowledge, and no code generators to support that old gear. A real shame, since the gear still works just fine.

I recall seeing a fellow on eBay some time ago who sold refurb Sencore SP series devices with all codes enables. I suspect this guy figured out how to unlock them, or is maybe an ex-Sencore employee or service center tech. I can't find any of his listings recently, but it does give me hope there is someone out there who knows the key to unlocking these devices.

I'm not necessarily asking about a free way to unlock the functionality, but I'd take a free way if anyone knows it. Otherwise, I'd be satisfied to just pay for the codes and enable functionality I need.

If there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

Merlijn van Veen:
Forum rules mandate that you use your real name. Please update your username.

Thank you!

--- Quote from: daburoker on September 12, 2022, 06:40:33 PM ---I've had a SP395 for years and recently had a need to perform some testing which I thought the device was capable of. As it turned out, those functions are locked. It seems that everything the device is capable of is already there, but won't work without the unlock codes.

I specifically am looking to enable the Noise Tools. I called Sencore, and wasn't surprised at all that a 15 year old device wasn't supported any longer. They said after a few new owners since the SP395 was built, there were no archives, no knowledge, and no code generators to support that old gear. A real shame, since the gear still works just fine.

I recall seeing a fellow on eBay some time ago who sold refurb Sencore SP series devices with all codes enables. I suspect this guy figured out how to unlock them, or is maybe an ex-Sencore employee or service center tech. I can't find any of his listings recently, but it does give me hope there is someone out there who knows the key to unlocking these devices.

I'm not necessarily asking about a free way to unlock the functionality, but I'd take a free way if anyone knows it. Otherwise, I'd be satisfied to just pay for the codes and enable functionality I need.

If there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

--- End quote ---

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: David Buroker on September 12, 2022, 06:40:33 PM ---I've had a SP395 for years and recently had a need to perform some testing which I thought the device was capable of. As it turned out, those functions are locked. It seems that everything the device is capable of is already there, but won't work without the unlock codes.

--- End quote ---

I believe the SP series was developed by Ray Rayburn, which was then purchased by Sencore. (Sencore is actually about a mile down the road from my house and I interned there in 2006ish)   I know Ray did provide support for the product long after Sencore stopped.  He also refurbished and sold the units, so it's likely him you are thinking of.  Unfortunately Ray passed from COVID in 2021. 

David Buroker:

--- Quote from: David Sturzenbecher on September 13, 2022, 09:18:53 AM ---I believe the SP series was developed by Ray Rayburn, which was then purchased by Sencore. (Sencore is actually about a mile down the road from my house and I interned there in 2006ish)   I know Ray did provide support for the product long after Sencore stopped.  He also refurbished and sold the units, so it's likely him you are thinking of.  Unfortunately Ray passed from COVID in 2021.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this information. I believe Ray may be the fellow I was referring to who occasionally sold these on eBay. It i truly unfortunate that he passed from Covid, as I have heard so many good things about Ray. I wish I had known him.

If anyone knows of any other resource which could assist me, I'd be forever grateful for that info.

Thanks.

Andrew Broughton:
You could try contacting John Olsen, his info is on LinkedIn. He left Sencore in the 2000's but may know where to point you...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version