ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Battery Power  (Read 1191 times)

Steve Crump

Using Battery Power
« on: September 12, 2022, 05:56:25 PM »

I have been following Mike Sokol's articles about using batteries to power small shows/events. Looking forward to the next article.

I am just wondering how many of the forum members have used battery inverters like Bluetti and Ecoflow to power a community type event with a 4 or 5 pc band and SOS FOH?

In this article these guys we weren't using Class D amps and the setup seemed pretty typical for a lot of small community events:

Hoping to hear from Matt Leonard, he has mentioned that he has the Bluetti 2000wh models with expansion batteries.

https://gridless.com/powering-a-concert-using-only-batteries/

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Using Battery Power
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 03:54:32 PM »

We have used the four battery version of this unit https://egopowerplus.com/nexus-portable-power-station/ for a few rally type events that were speech only and a race event that was background music and speech. Four speakers on sticks and a Yamaha powered mixer for four hours. The batteries read 1/4 full in the heaviest use case. Not something I'd count on for live RnR aside from acoustic guitar & vocals but fine for low duty cycle program.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 08:03:54 PM »

We have used the four battery version of this unit https://egopowerplus.com/nexus-portable-power-station/ for a few rally type events that were speech only and a race event that was background music and speech. Four speakers on sticks and a Yamaha powered mixer for four hours. The batteries read 1/4 full in the heaviest use case. Not something I'd count on for live RnR aside from acoustic guitar & vocals but fine for low duty cycle program.

What's the recharge time like on those? I see the solar panel graphic, but wonder about using this as a buffer between generator and sensitive equipment to "smooth" the power? Or, am I overthinking this?

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 08:22:58 PM »

What's the recharge time like on those? I see the solar panel graphic, but wonder about using this as a buffer between generator and sensitive equipment to "smooth" the power? Or, am I overthinking this?

Dave

If the generator is already an inverter genny that does not make much sense.  You would be powering a DC rectifier with the inverter to charge and float any load across the batteries and then another inverter to convert the DC back to AC.  If the inverter generator has an output that suits common batteries that could be interesting.  Take the DC right from the generator to charge and float the load then use the inverter that came with the generator to go back to AC.  That would provide quite a bit of isolation.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 09:58:51 PM »

I don't have the solar panels, it's just a wall plug recharge. It takes a good six hours to recharge all the batts, they charge in sequence.

Dave

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 11:54:17 PM »

I don't have the solar panels, it's just a wall plug recharge. It takes a good six hours to recharge all the batts, they charge in sequence.

Are you using 4x 7.5AH batteries in yours?

Steve Crump

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 03:46:55 PM »

Are you using 4x 7.5AH batteries in yours?

I was wondering the same thing.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 03:46:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.