ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Laptop into mixer is buzzing  (Read 2502 times)

John Schalk

Re: Laptop into mixer is buzzing
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 10:35:48 AM »

Another vote for the Peavey USB-P, it's a great piece of kit and Guitar Center has them for only $53.19 this morning.  We bought one for the karaoke DJ's laptop at a local club and liked it so much that, when we swapped out the X32 at FOH for an M32, we bought another one to use for the house music coming from a computer at FOH.  Got rid of a whole nest of dirty patch cables. 

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 07:21:18 PM »

One word of caution with the USB-P: there were some units that shipped with one (or both?) of the channels' polarity inverted.

This causes cancellation when mixing to mono (or selecting mono output), and if playing back on stereo speakers could result in unacceptable phasing issues.

So when you get it, check to see that it doesn't go silent when playing back in mono mode. (You'll need a source that has the same waveform in left and right channels. If using a stereo source, mono content such as centered vocals may cancel.)

To identify the bad channel, you'll probably need to record the output and analyze the waveform, comparing it with the waveform from the original source.

Mine is, unfortunately, one of those with a problem. Also unfortunately, I identified the issue after the warranty period expired. I wired up an adapter that flips the polarity on the bad channel. Even so, I would not hesitate to buy another; I'd just make sure it worked properly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:23:58 PM by Jonathan Johnson »
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Stephen Beatty

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2022, 10:16:56 AM »

Wow. That's not good. The two I have are fine. A good thing to know.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2022, 10:16:56 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.