ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD improver  (Read 3630 times)

Stephen Beatty

Re: CD improver
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2022, 01:56:30 PM »

Better get those Gaussian CD reamplifiers sold quick. We are actually now not installing a Bluray/DVD/CD player in the classrooms going forward to the future.

And so for the future, invest now in my WIFI signal purifier with 10G waveicle recylifing focuser. It may look like a coat hanger bent in a circle but at $1000 USD you know it is what you need for clarified sound. Two needed for Stereo reproduction.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2022, 02:32:02 PM »

Better get those Gaussian CD reamplifiers sold quick. We are actually now not installing a Bluray/DVD/CD player in the classrooms going forward to the future.

And so for the future, invest now in my WIFI signal purifier with 10G waveicle recylifing focuser. It may look like a coat hanger bent in a circle but at $1000 USD you know it is what you need for clarified sound. Two needed for Stereo reproduction.

Remember, you'll need a pair of these as well to clean the network connections.

https://jcat.eu/product/net-isolator-gigabit-network-isolator/

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2022, 03:26:48 PM »

Remember, you'll need a pair of these as well to clean the network connections.

https://jcat.eu/product/net-isolator-gigabit-network-isolator/

Strangely, I can almost see a use for this: I wonder if this would work as a ground lift on an X/M32 AES50 signal line (without re-introducing all the usual ESD issues, that is)?

If nothing else, at least this product does something that is actually supported by physics (even if, for most applications, switching to UTP would do the same thing for less money). The price does seem like a bit much, though.

-Russ

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2022, 04:44:33 PM »

Strangely, I can almost see a use for this: I wonder if this would work as a ground lift on an X/M32 AES50 signal line (without re-introducing all the usual ESD issues, that is)?

If nothing else, at least this product does something that is actually supported by physics (even if, for most applications, switching to UTP would do the same thing for less money). The price does seem like a bit much, though.

-Russ

Don't know about the AES50 ports, but the fun part with this kind of device is that every network switch has a 1:1 isolation transformer on the input.
So, you're isolating a transformer using a transformer  ::)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2022, 09:45:56 PM »

Techmoan is a great channel.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »

Don't know about the AES50 ports, but the fun part with this kind of device is that every network switch has a 1:1 isolation transformer on the input.
So, you're isolating a transformer using a transformer  ::)

In theory all Ethernet-over-twisted-pair devices (not just switches) should have galvanic isolation (although IIRC at least one iteration of Raspberry Pi forgot to include it), but I've never seen an Ethernet device with a ground lift switch (although you're right that an extra set of transformers shouldn't be needed to lift ground, assuming your endpoints are behaving properly).

I suppose (for the truly adventurous) it's been suggested that DiGiCo's MADI-over-Cat5 implementation (or at least the SD9's version of it) lacks galvanic isolation; perhaps this is the "solution" for that. :D

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 25 queries.