Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

Wild new Neutrik connector....

<< < (3/4) > >>

TomRuff:
Looks like Rode has found an analog audio use for this one.

Looking forward to hearing this mic.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NTSF1--rode-soundfield-nt-sf1-ambisonic-microphone

Mike Caldwell:
A very niche mic with a niche connector.

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on August 16, 2023, 08:15:43 PM ---A very niche mic with a niche connector.

--- End quote ---

It's interesting that they chose that connector.  I can't see any reason why they would need the 16ga pins.  They could have just used a shielded catx cable and then it would have worked with any of the myriad of catx snake breakout boxes or other gear in that ecosystem.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on August 17, 2023, 10:10:40 AM ---It's interesting that they chose that connector.  I can't see any reason why they would need the 16ga pins.  They could have just used a shielded catx cable and then it would have worked with any of the myriad of catx snake breakout boxes or other gear in that ecosystem.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking that too.

I guess this way they get to sell parts when you lose that breakout and canít find it anywhere else.

John Bosco:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on August 17, 2023, 10:10:40 AM ---It's interesting that they chose that connector.  I can't see any reason why they would need the 16ga pins.  They could have just used a shielded catx cable and then it would have worked with any of the myriad of catx snake breakout boxes or other gear in that ecosystem.

--- End quote ---

Seems like the perfect solution, Cat X cable into some CAT Tails. How long do you figure it would take before people complain about how their cool new "network" mic isn't passing signal?  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version