Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

Wild new Neutrik connector....

(1/4) > >>

Tim Weaver:
Neutrik NC10FD-LX-B

Meant to be an alternative to an ethercon I guess, but with more current carrying capability? From the Q&A at Parts Express there's no single cable that can be used with all these pins.

What would/could you use this for?

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on September 04, 2022, 10:00:52 AM ---Neutrik NC10FD-LX-B

Meant to be an alternative to an ethercon I guess, but with more current carrying capability? From the Q&A at Parts Express there's no single cable that can be used with all these pins.

What would/could you use this for?

--- End quote ---

The Neutrik product note has good answers to the question you ask:

https://www.neutrik.com/media/11217/download/application-note-8-2-pole-xlr.pdf?v=1

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on September 04, 2022, 10:40:09 AM ---The Neutrik product note has good answers to the question you ask:

https://www.neutrik.com/media/11217/download/application-note-8-2-pole-xlr.pdf?v=1

--- End quote ---
Yeah I saw that. I guess a better question is, "are you using these, and if so, what for?"

I could definitely see a use for pixel fixtures, but I haven't seen them being used. Better yet I could see these being used for Dante stage drops. Again, I haven't seen them being used.

And truly if a single jacketed cable doesn't yet exist for it, then how COULD you even use it in a prfessional manner.

Mike Caldwell:
I saw those a while back when they first appeared on their website and kind of wondered the same thing.
I'm all for a truly heavy duty network connector but at this point it would be for a custom self contained system.

Maybe their thinking is build it and they (as in manufactures) will start including it into their products.
More or less how the Speakon connector was introduced.

John Roberts {JR}:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on September 04, 2022, 11:22:41 AM ---I saw those a while back when they first appeared on their website and kind of wondered the same thing.
I'm all for a truly heavy duty network connector but a this point it would be for a custom self contained system.

Maybe their thinking is build it and they (as in manufactures) will start including it into their products.
More or less how the Speakon connector was introduced.

--- End quote ---
Back last century when I was still in the trenches and working with Neutrik they would present new connector ideas to us, and other potential large customers at major trade shows. (Frankfort musik messe was a good one for them show new stuff at.)

They might tool up a new connector with the hope it would meet some market need, but I suspect some customers somewhere asked for something in that ballpark for funtionality.

JR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version