ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony HDR-CX550V audio  (Read 4953 times)

Chris Hubbard

Sony HDR-CX550V audio
« on: April 05, 2011, 06:37:14 PM »

Hello all! Our pastor just purchased a new Sony HDR-CX550V camera. The camera is going to be located in the back of the church in the sound booth with me. I am trying to find out the best way to feed audio from our Soundcraft LX 7II to the camera's mic input. Is it possible to use an aux send to do this? What cables and other equipment would i need to accomplish this? Is there a better way to do this? Thank you in advance.

Eric Cole

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
Re: Sony HDR-CX550V audio
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »

Hello all! Our pastor just purchased a new Sony HDR-CX550V camera. The camera is going to be located in the back of the church in the sound booth with me. I am trying to find out the best way to feed audio from our Soundcraft LX 7II to the camera's mic input. Is it possible to use an aux send to do this? What cables and other equipment would i need to accomplish this? Is there a better way to do this? Thank you in advance.

It is possible and an aux send is a great way to pass audio from your board to your camera.  You will need need to knock down the line level signal from the board to an appropriate signal for your camera with something like this ,  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672719-REG/Beachtek_DXA_2T_DXA_2T_Universal_Compact_Camcorder.html.   The link is to the first mixer on BH's page, find one that you like best.
Eric Cole

Chris Hubbard

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »

It is possible and an aux send is a great way to pass audio from your board to your camera.  You will need need to knock down the line level signal from the board to an appropriate signal for your camera with something like this ,  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672719-REG/Beachtek_DXA_2T_DXA_2T_Universal_Compact_Camcorder.html.   The link is to the first mixer on BH's page, find one that you like best.
Thank you Eric for pointing me in the right direction!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »

If your Soundcraft console has 2-track RCA outs you can simply use an "Ipod" type cable to connect to the camera.  The dual RCA to 1/8" stereo plug will work and the level should be correct for recording.  This will of course give you the same program that is in the mains outputs.  If you need a different mix you can use an aux or you can use one pair of your groups if not needed for anything else.   
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.