Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Classroom setup

<< < (2/5) > >>

Stephen Swaffer:
This is primarily for walk-in music/paging and perhaps dismissal signals.  Children arrive over a 15-20 minute time frame.  I like the AHM platform as it should allow individual control in each room without physical controls-as much about keeping them from being messed with as cost.  There may be times when live "overflow" audio is sent to the speakers-possibly even from a different building if we get ambitious enough to set up a Dante network.

I'll be honest, I am familiar with and have been involved in installing 70V systems but overlooked this solution.  Any recommendations on multi-channel amps?  I don't want junk-but I do have a budget to consider.

We have looked at acousitc treatments-and being a PEMB, the ceiling and significant portions of the walls are exposed insulation which should help with reflections-I would hope?

Glen Kelley:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on August 31, 2022, 01:02:21 PM ---This is primarily for walk-in music/paging and perhaps dismissal signals.  Children arrive over a 15-20 minute time frame.  I like the AHM platform as it should allow individual control in each room without physical controls-as much about keeping them from being messed with as cost.  There may be times when live "overflow" audio is sent to the speakers-possibly even from a different building if we get ambitious enough to set up a Dante network.

I'll be honest, I am familiar with and have been involved in installing 70V systems but overlooked this solution.  Any recommendations on multi-channel amps?  I don't want junk-but I do have a budget to consider.

--- End quote ---

To my ears, the EV EVID c8.2 ceiling speakers are the best bang for the buck. They go decently low and sound good doing it, have an integrated back-can with safety tie-off, and a simple dial on the front face to set the output tap. They can also run in 8-ohm mode.

Extron makes some relatively inexpensive 4 channel amps in both standard and Dante versions. They are something like 100w or 200w per channel, which is perfect for a small classroom. I don't know if they extend the same pricing to churches, but they do have education pricing that is quite competitive. Another plus....the controls are on the BACK of the amp, away from 'helpers'!

Tim McCulloch:
Out of curiosity, why are pastors involved in loudspeaker selection?  Even/especially in a HoW, we soundies do not inject ourselves into theology.

Lee Douglas:
Have you considered IP Network speakers?  They are available in a variety of form factors, including in-ceiling, require only a POE connection and  may be group or individually paged.  If you don't need individual paging I would go with a simple 70v system.

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on September 01, 2022, 01:14:42 PM ---Out of curiosity, why are pastors involved in loudspeaker selection?  Even/especially in a HoW, we soundies do not inject ourselves into theology.

--- End quote ---

For the same reason that some CEOs stick their fingers in everything - they are control freaks.  Good competent leadership in any industry will define what a system needs to do with input from subject matter experts and then let the experts execute.  Control freak micro-managers take a different approach and the results will often give you a good idea of what kind of organization you’re looking at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version