ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carvin trc 600  (Read 2648 times)

Taro O'Sullivan

Carvin trc 600
« on: August 23, 2022, 07:03:35 PM »

So, I'm trying to put together a sound system for small to medium venues. Mostly college theaters with 500 seats, sometimes more but rarely more than 1000. I have, like everyone, a limited budget, so I looked around and found a TOA HX7 but it doesn't sound loud enough and it is passive so all the added expenses. I then came across a Carvin TRC 600 system, which includes subs and power. Looks like it it okay, but I've never heard this system and can't find anyone who knows where I can hear one. The cost is approx 6300 but I foud a deller 300 miles away who can get it to me for a few bucks less but doesn't have one he can demo Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Taro

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 07:31:31 PM »

So, I'm trying to put together a sound system for small to medium venues. Mostly college theaters with 500 seats, sometimes more but rarely more than 1000. I have, like everyone, a limited budget, so I looked around and found a TOA HX7 but it doesn't sound loud enough and it is passive so all the added expenses. I then came across a Carvin TRC 600 system, which includes subs and power. Looks like it it okay, but I've never heard this system and can't find anyone who knows where I can hear one. The cost is approx 6300 but I foud a deller 300 miles away who can get it to me for a few bucks less but doesn't have one he can demo Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Taro

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Carvin trc 600
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 09:16:19 PM »

Questions to be answered:

1.  Budget
2.  Type of music
3.  Portable or installed

For starters.   

???

Thank you!

Taro
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 03:37:42 PM »

Thank you!

Taro

Taro
Unfortunately not many Carvin users but a very few members here use the 1st gen TRC columns. You can read a review in the road test section. Carvin does offer a 10 day return where you can try them. I do not know if they will perform for your use. I have listened to a trx3903 column over a 15" sub vs evolve 50 in a unofficial listening session. The trx pattern was narrow, more like 80 deg and needed little eq for my taste. This might be corrected in the latest model. The EV was wide and smooth. The Carvin had more spl at a distance.

As far as your application, most college seating I have seen have slanted seating. The Trc's have a 20 degree vertical pattern. This may be an issue for the far back listeners in slanted seating unless the columns are raised. As Mr. Fowler (RIP) said, more questions to be answered? Contact Carvin as they may lead you to users in your area.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 03:37:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.